Prologue

There are choices in life.

Everyone has decisions they have to make, no one can get around that, no matter who you are, you will always have to make a choice at one point.

From the mindless everyday choices to the ones that swirl about your brain until you can feel your mind simply fading beneath the weight.

I've had my share of choices to make in my life. Ones that have taken me from the only family that I've ever known, but I've never regretted that decision; I'd answer the same no matter how many times I was asked. Then there are those decisions such as, should I use this fretless bass on the track? But no matter how simple a decision might seem when you're making it, everything holds a place when weighed.

Despite everything that fills the world, in the end, it all comes down to your choices.

So when it comes down to the only two things you've ever loved unconditionally, which one do you take?

Logic states for you to choose the second, because if you loved the first but still fell in love with the second, doesn't that mean you didn't love the first enough? But what if the second love is built upon the first? In that case, wouldn't rationality lead you to the realization that the second would not be able to live without the first? And even though the thought of letting go of the second brings a pain past your very bones, the first one can stand alone.

In the end, I chose the first.

I chose music.

And that is the only choice in my life that I've allowed myself to continuously look back and wonder, what if?

No, I've never regretted the decision, but I can't help but look back on it.

Yet no matter how long I ponder the choice I made with the consequences, my answer never changes.

I'd choose music.

I have chose music.

I will always choose music.

- So here's the prologue to the sequel, I know, I was too excited to post, I couldn't hold off any longer. I wrote it a while ago...