022

Mao roughly grabbed Lucia by the arm who stared at him looking utterly terrified. And he loved it. The way her eyes darted back and fourth in nervousness. As if she still believed she had a chance of escaping him. The way her body trembled in fear before his tall form as he spoke harsh words to her. And all but not least the way her eyes revealed her feelings. They say the eyes were windows to the soul and her soul was something else indeed. Whenever he told her that her darling little "Abandoned Prince" would never come for her he swore he could see a flicker of hope in her eyes slowly fade off into the distance. And he loved it. Mao quickly bound Lucia wrists behind her back with some cuffs he had bought as he made his way to an abandoned building in the Shinjuku ghetto. Throwing the sinful woman on the cold concrete ground without care. Lucia's body tensed up at the hard impact already knowing that there would be a large bruise on her back the next morning. She struggled to sit up,already feeling the metal cuffs dig into her wrists as she gasped in pain. She watched as Mao flipped out through her cell phone with a smile on his lips. He was enjoying every moment of this. "Why are you doing this?" Lucia asked the surprisingly relaxed man who leaned back in a creaky wooden chair, his smile never leaving his face. "Why? Well that's a very silly question especially coming from a Black Knights Sympathizer." Mao commented as Lucia bit her bottom lip as she looked away. Mao laughed as he clapped his hands together towards her. "Quite surprisbly actually that a soon to be Royal Britannian bride would side with the very people out to destroy her new nation. Do you really hate Britannians that much?" Mao asked as Lucia refused to answer,she soon realized there was really no point of answering. This man seemed to know everything before she spoke a word.

"That's right I do,I'm simply toying with you." Mao answered as if he had heard her thoughts. "Because I did,you silly little girl." Mao commented with a smirk as Lucia backed away even more. "You can...you can read minds." Lucia stated as Mao smirked"Your very sharp,I can."Mao stater as he rose to his feet before walking towards Lucia who coward in a corner. Mao smirked as he stood before the frightened Princess before lowering his headphones revealing his strange glowing eyes that caused her to scream. His eyes! They were something she had never seen before. And that strange symbol in both his eyes,what was that?! Lucia shoved her face into the corner in an effort to get away only causing Mao to laugh. "You see now don't you? I'm not normal and neither is your little lover boy." He stated with a smirk as he dialed a number in Lucia's phone as he placed it to his ear.

On the other end was Lelouch who anxiously answered the phone on secret as he watched the Britannian soldiers sweep the campus left in right in search of Lucia. He could not afford to be seen,him or let alone his sister Nunally. Lelouch quietly ducked away into the storage house of the campus as he answered his phone. "Lucia? Where are you? There are soldiers everywhere." Lelouch whispered in a hushed tone as Mao smirked on the other end. "So sorry Lulu. But Lucia can't come to the phone right now. She's a little tired up." He answered as Lelouch's eyes widened as hr gripped onto the phone. He knew Mao would strike but now...when all the Britannian muscle around it wasn't a good time. "Mao! Where is she?" He asked anger heavy in a voice as Mao's laughing echoed in the phone. "You want your little Sinful Princess back Lulu? Well I want C2! Bring her to me and maybe I'll give you back your Princess. And you might want to hurry. I think my eyes scared her a bit." He commented with a smirk as Lelouch glared. Mao had shown Lucia his eyes which meant to an extent she knew about Geass. But not enough that he would have to use his own Geass on her.

"Mao!" Lelouch shouted as he could hear Mao continuing to laugh in the phone. "Bye bye Lulu." Mao stated before abruptly hanging up the phone as Lelouch glared at the phone angrily gritting his teeth. "He has her doesn't he?" A familer voice asked as C2 stood before Lelouch with a serious expression on her face. Lelouch took a moment to regain his composer as he answered her. "Yes,and he wants you for a trade." He said as C2 flipped he rlpng flowing lime green hair as she crossed her arms."Then what are we waiting for? Let's go."She said as Lelouch stared towards her in a confused manner.

"Your going to help me?" Lelouch asked as C2 sighed as she peered towards him. "Of course I am. She is one of the very reasons you live. I can't have you having a nervous breakdown over a woman." She answered with a smile as she opened the door to the storage room. "Now come on,I know where he is." C2 said as Lelouch hurriedly followed after C2 as the two made their way to Shinjuku ghetto. C2 continued to lead the way she knew that would Mao had done was inexcusable and he would surely have to deal with the dire consequences. But what would Lelouch do to him? She had hoped maybe it would come to killing him,after all a very long time ago she did actually love the now deranged man.

C2 soon stopped at an old storage house as she turned to Lelouch. "He's here, what do you plan to do?" She questioned as Lelouch glared"I'm going to kill him."He answered as C2 sighed in a way she knew that would be his answer. "If that's what you want to do." She said opening the creaking door Lelouch walked inside immediately spotting Lucia cowarding in a corner with tears rolling down her cheeks. While in front of her stood Mao who spoke to her nonchalantly. "You evil woman,you don't deserve salvation. And you know it." He stated as Lucia shook her head,her eyes overflowing with tears. "Stop it! Stop it!" She cried as Lelouch glared as he shouted her name. Immediately her eyes widened in shock as she turned to see him. A light of hope surfaced within her as she smiled weakly. "Lulu,you came." She whispered as Mao smirked as he turned to Lelouch. "My you sure made a quick entrance."Mao commented as he stepped away from Lucia. As soon as he spotted C2 and smile appeared on his lips" C2! Oh C2! You look beautiful!" He informer C2 who kept her normal expressionless face on the entire time. Yet her voice was laced with sadness.

"Mao. I never thought you would come around people just to track me down. But it ends today." C2 stated as she pulled a gun from her waistband, aiming it at the deranged man. Mao's eyes widened as he laughed hysterically towards her. "You won't shoot me,because you love me right C2? Right?" He asked with a creepy smile as C2 fired the gun as the bullet missed his head by mere centimeters causing his laughing to immediately stop. "I missed you on purpose,now release the girl." She ordered as Lelouch took a few steps to Mao boldly. "Do what she says Mao or you will regret it." He stated coldly as Mao's eyes darted back and forth between the two before he roughly grabbed Lucia by the waist. Pulling her frail body jnfrobt of him full planning to use her as a shield against the bullets. "I'm not done yet! I'm not! I still have her! And all your secrets! I still have the upper hand!" Mao screamed as Lucia flinched as she stared towards Lelouch pleading with him silently as he nodded.

"That is where you are wrong." Lelouch stated pulling out his own gun and aiming it at Mao's head. Who released another laugh"You won't do it! You'll hit your little Princess! You wont-"Mao began but was silenced by C2 who had now plunged a knife through his back from behind. Mao was careless he was so caught up in Lelouch that hr had completely forgotten that C2 was there. He gasped in pain,quickly releasing Lucia who stumbled to the ground. Quickly a pool of crimson liquid formed around his feet as the broken man struggled to turn staring the person he loved dead in the eye."C2 you....chose him...over me?"Mao struggled with to ask weakly as C2 nodded to her old lover. "Yes." She answered simply as slowly Mao's vision became blurry as he soon found himself collapsing on the ground.

He felt his breathing slow,and felt fatigue strike his body,and he knew. He knew he wouldn't survive this. He was dying. Mao struggled to raise a hand to C2 as his eyes brimmed over with tears. "E-Even if you chose him i-" He began but was quickly silenced as his body soon gave out. Without any strength told hold onto life,Mao passed on from this world. In front of the very woman he loved. C2. Lelouch quickly ran over to Lucia who turned away from Mao's lifeless body.  Lelouch struggled with the cuffs as he and C2 somehow managed to release her from them. Instinctively Lucia wrapped her arms around Lelouch's neck,gripping onto him ever so tightly as he carefully pulled her trembling body into his arms. Carrying her as if she were his own bride. "I've got you now." Lelouch whispered to Lucia soothingly as she simply nodded into his chest. C2 peered towards the two quietly as she walked out of the building without saying a single word. While Lelouch carried Lucia away from the horrible place already knowing that Lucia would continue to be a target. As long as she was with him. And he couldn't stand it.