25.

Mia found herself to be in an oddly great mood whilst she sat in her office and completed her work. It could be the weather or that she was using her new stationary set, but there was just something that had her spirits uplifted.

Just as she was noting down changed in Sebastian's schedule into her work notebook, Mia heard a knock at the door.

She looked up and saw a familiar face stood at the doorway.

"Hey, Mason," Mia greeted him with a warm smile.

When Mia had started working as Sebastian's assistant, Mason was one of the first people that befriended her, since he was working on the same floor as well. He helped her understand the way the copy machine worked, gave her a little tour of the kitchen, among other things.

"You busy?" Mason asked.

"No, not really. How can I help you?" Mia asked him as he stepped into her office.

Mason walked towards the chair in front of Mia's desk and stood behind it, holding onto her back of it, as he smiled at her.

"Well, a group of us are going out for dinner tonight at this new Mexican restaurant. I-I was wondering if you wanted to come with?" He then asked her.

His question wasn't too much of a surprise to her, since she'd had lunch with him before, but that was only during work hours. She'd never met up with him after work.

Mia paused for a moment and tried to recall if she had any plans with the girls tonight, such as laundry or cooking dinner or just cleaning up the flat.

As Mia thought to herself, Mason frowned and assumed her silence was due to hesitation at his invitation.

"No pressure or anything. If you can't or just don't want to, it's okay," Mason said in a rush.

As he spoke, Mia looked up at his face, which seemed to be reddening by the second and then she realised he worried that she was going refuse.

Mia smiled at him. "I'd love to."

Mason then took, what seemed to like, a breath of relief.

"Great," he exclaimed and then cleared his throat a little, regaining his composure. "We'll meet you by the lift at the end of the day then?" Mason replied.

Mia felt a little odd about Mason's sudden excitement at her coming for the dinner, but pushed it aside thinking he just wanted her there as a friendly gesture.

"Sounds good," Mia nodded with a smile.

Despite having asked his question, Mason still looked a little nervous and Mia began to feel like there was something else he wanted to say.

She tilted her head in confusion. "Was there something else you wanted?"

Mason raised himself slightly on his toes and back to his heels and rocked a bit, whilst clutching the back of the chair within his grip.

"Actually I've been meaning to ask you..." Mason started to say, and Mia waited for him to continue, however Sebastian's voice through the intercom interrupted the pair.

"Miss Sareen," Sebastian called out.

Mia sighed deeply, before she gave Mason an apologetic smile.

"Sorry, Mason. Just give me a second," she said and he nodded at her.

She then pressed the button on the intercom.

"Yes?" She asked.

"Could you bring the Everton file?" Sebastian asked.

This was a new thing that Mia had noticed quite recently. Sebastian would be a little commanding and authoritative now, when he asked for anything. He still didn't say please but it was a lot less like a blunt order, than it was before.