Chapter 8

I'm in a complete and utter daze, I've never been kissed like that before, I've never been kissed period and my heart just won't stop pounding. We stare at each other panting and I know I'm at a loss for words. He strokes my face tenderly with his hand, then brings it down to hold mine and leads me out of the alleyway. "Where are we going?" I ask curiously and still a little shaken by what just happened. I have no idea whats on his mind and I'm worried about what all this may mean for me. "I want to take you somewhere!" He says and carries on walking leading the way.

My feet are still sore and I can no longer walk properly in them. This is a reminder to my self to not wear heels ever again and then he notices my discomfort, bends his back forward and patting it with his hand he say:

"I'll give you a piggyback ride". His smile is gentle and holds no hidden agenda so I nod and allow myself to climb on. I lean my head against his back and it feels warm and I can feel his muscles move with every step he takes. I keep pulling my dress down trying to cover my backside as it keeps riding up exposing it."Stop moving or you're going to fall off!" Liam moans at me. "I can't help it, my dress keeps riding up and my ass is showing!" I wine and he chuckles finding this clearly amusing. "We're nearly there so hang on a little longer!" He says, probably thinking that helps, but it doesn't.

We stay silent for the rest of the way until we arrive at Hampstead Heath park. I quickly jump off his back and look at him confused as to why we are here. "Relax, we're not here for any funny business I just want to bring you to my getaway place". I cock my head to the side and he then elaborates, "I come here to get away from my dad, when I've got nowhere else to go". I look around while we carry on walking further and when we reached the top of the hill, I take in the view. You can see London by night and it's beautiful, I can see the London Eye, Wembley Stadium, BT tower and some of the skyscrapers all illuminated by what seems like tiny little lights. "It's beautiful!" I say enjoying the view and from the corner of my eyes I can see him staring at me with a smile that would melt anyones soul. "Can I ask you something?" I say knowing that what I'm about to ask my change his mood. "Sure, what do you want to know?" I turn to look at him straight in the eyes and say:

"Why is your father like that with you?" It's dark and I can't quite tell how he is reacting to my question but there is an uncomfortable silence and I begin to regret having asked. I hear him sigh and then he sits on the grass, holding his knees and staring ahead towards the view. I stand there shifting from one foot to the next, not sure what to do until he gives me a sign with his hand indicating for me to sit down beside him and I do just that. "My mom cheated on him and ever since she left, he gets drunk nearly every night and takes his frustrations out on me". He says as I sat down. I wonder how long ago this happened so I ask. "How old were you when this happened?"

"I had just turned eight, it was my birthday and my dad had taken me to the zoo earlier that day. When we came back I was so excited that I went to look for my mom to tell her about all the animals I saw, but when I opened the bedroom door, I found her in the bed, she was having sex with another man that wasn't my father!" As I sat there watching him speak, I can tell by the way he rips the grass off from the ground, how angry he is at this memory. He then continues on and I listen silently, not wanting to interrupt him or say the wrong thing.

"Then dad walked in after me, I guess you can imagine what happened next. There was fighting, Mum and Dad arguing and then she packed up her things and left, never looking back. I haven't seen her since nor do I ever want to see her again. I hate the woman!!!" He shouts venomously, his body shaking with anger and his hands balled into fists on the ground. When I look at him, he is still staring ahead but through the light of the moon, I can see his eyes gloss over as if on the verge of tears. This is such a painful memory for him and it's clear that he's heartbroken by his mother's betrayal, not just to his father, but to him as well. She had abandoned him at such a young age and that is what hurts the most, he needed her and she wasn't there. Any child  would feel that way, I would too, I do feel that way about my father, his done pretty much the same thing to my mother but the difference is, she doesn't abuse any of us at home. I've been lucky whereas Liam has had to endure so much on his own.