Chapter 36 - He's Here

A/N - This is Erin's new suit for the fight ahead. When I reference a mask, it's just her typical mask except with a pair of goggles attached. (similar to Starlord's headset except cooler). These last few chapters will be an emotional rollercoaster so hang on! 

The sound of Dad rambling onto Mom used to be a little annoying when I was younger and...you know, an assassin. But now it almost comes as a comfort. It makes me feel safe and secure. Unfortunately, it looks like it still annoys Mom at some points. 

"Last night I dreamt, we had a kid." I hear Dad say from my left.

"Woah, okay. I entered this conversation way too late." I say. 

"You know those dreams where there are no bathrooms and you have to pee but once you wake up you actually have to pee?" Dad explains.

"Yeah...let me guess. You had one of those dreams but instead of having to pee you thought Mom was pregnant." 

"Exactly! See she gets it!" Dad says to Mom while pointing at me. "And we named it after your eccentric uncle, Morgan."

"Right. So you woke up and thought we were expecting." Mom says with a smirk on her face. 

"Yes!" Dad exclaims.

"No." Mom states quite blankly, causing me to chuckle a bit. 

I knew either there was a fight about to break out or they would start sucking each other's face off. So I quietly walked away and enjoyed the New York scenery around me. I look back to see Dad and Mom kissing but before I could play a little trick on them, I hear someone walk up from behind me. 

"Erin and Tony Stark. My name is Dr. Stephen Strange." A voice booms. Both Dad and I turn to see a man with a beard standing in front of a portal, looking directly at us. We both stay silent.

"I need you to come with me," he says. "Oh, congratulations on the wedding by the way." 

"I'm sorry, what the hell do you need us for?" I ask.

"We need your help," he says matter of factly. "It's not overselling it to say that the universe is at stake." 

"And who's we?" Dad asks.

My eyes widen when I see Bruce walk in and stand beside the doctor, a look of worry clearly written across his face. 

"You've grown," he says while looking straight towards me.

"Y-yeah...it's been a while, Bruce," I say. 

Bruce quickly walks over and hugs Dad while Mom and I exchange a look of suspicion towards the doctor. Eventually, we follow Strange through the portal whereas Mom opted to go home where it was safe. The doctor and his assistant explain how the stones came and what they are. But it was who was after them that piqued my interest. I read of him in books stolen by Hydra and in my limited knowledge, I knew he was a force to be reckoned with. 

"What was his name again?" Dad asks, obviously analyzing every last part of the information we were just fed. 

"Thanos," Bruce states while walking over. "He's a plague, Tony. He invades planets and he takes what he wants. He wipes out half the population. He sent Loki. The attack on New York was him."

The realization hits Dad like a brick. He and Bruce continue to talk back and forth, Strange quickly joining the conversation as well. I, on the other hand,  was still trying to digest it all. Trying to find a game plan that will save the universe. But I came up dry. 

"What is your job exactly? Besides making balloon animals." Dad says to Strange. 

"Protecting your reality, douchebag." Strange counters.