chapter 5

5. Striving to Cultivate

Shu Shu picked a lot of wild flowers that had bloomed after the rain, and he also picked some pretty blades of weeds. He placed the wild flowers and the weeds on top of the stem tubers, then he lifted the stem tubers up onto his back and continued to walk forward.

The sky was clear, and there was a kind person around taking care of him.... Shu Shu's mood was very good despite the heavy burden on his back....

"A chicken on the left hand, a duck on the right hand, and a fat baby on the back.... *squeak, squeak* Oh, my! This fat baby is so heavy, my, oh, my!" casually singing, eyes on his cave that was getting nearer and nearer, Shu Shu smiled even more brightly.

Edgar followed behind. He looked at the little sub-beastman's naked body from head to toe, and it was full of scars-both horizontal and vertical-and he could not help but feel sorry for the little guy.

Although these wounds were all superficial wound, but it must have been really painful to get so many wounds. In spite of everything, this guy was still in the mood to sing a song.... Furthermore, it seemed that he was completely unable to make sense of the language that this little sub-beastman was speaking in?

Besides the beastman's common language, he was also proficient in several other languages. But unfortunately, he was unable to make sense of what the little sub-beastman was singing. Edgar was depressed.

Seeing that Shu Shu got into the cave and concealed the cave mouth properly, he decided it's unlikely that there would be another danger. Only then Edgar unhurriedly left.

Actually, when he had seen the little sub-beastman trudge forward while carrying such a big load on his back, he had intended to help him, but he obviously knew how afraid of him the little sub-beastman was....

Thinking of the wounds on the little sub-beastman's body, Edgar went into the forest and began to make use of his rich experience surviving in the wild to look for healing medicinal herbs.

Having been turned into a snake, it was really inconvenient to do anything. Edgar expended so much effort to dig out the herbs. He carefully kept them in his mouth and once again came to the entrance of the cave where the little sub-beastman resided in.

The little sub-beastman's cave mouth was blocked off, and there was also no smell of him in the vicinity of the cave mouth. He was definitely inside the cave. Edgar approached and put the medicinal herbs at the cave mouth. When he was about to leave, he found at the cave mouth a large bunch of wild flowers tied with grass rope placed in the area where the little sub-beastman usually put his food delivery.

Indeed, they were the wild flowers picked by the little sub-beastman before, and they were tied together in a bundle with the weeds, creating an irregular arrangement with charming effect. It looked so beautiful.... Was this a present for him?

When Edgar had seen the little sub-beastman picking flowers, he had thought that the little guy was going to decorate his cave. After all, all sub-beastmen really liked flowers. To his surprise, he had been wrong....

Carefully picking up the bunch of flowers on the ground with his mouth, Edgar cheerfully left.

Not long after, Shu Shu found those medicinal herbs. He brought them back to the cave, then he put some of them in his mouth and started to chew.... It tasted so weird, ah!

Did that kind person deliberately mess with him? Shu Shu spat out the medicinal herbs in his mouth; his eyes were brimming with tears. Such unpalatable thing; as if he would eat it!

Why on earth did that person give him such unpalatable thing, ah! Cautiously looking at the pile of medicinal herbs, Shu Shu depressedly lay down on his stomach beside it.