chapter 7

7. Treating the Natural Enemy's Wounds

Shu Shu's hands were trembling so hard. In his current state, it was odd if he could accurately throw the medicinal herbs onto the huge snake's body!

With a discouraging "plop", the wad of medicinal herbs fell on the ground beside the huge snake, very far away from the wound.

Shu Shu jumped in fright from the sound and unconsciously retreated a few steps before calming down, just to find that the huge snake did not move at all.

This huge snake would not come to a sticky end, right? Shu Shu observed the snake worriedly. Seeing the various wounds on the snake's body, his eyes felt hot.

He had thought before that this area had been very safe. It's very likely that it had something to do with that kind person. Otherwise, how could there weren't any large animals at the river bank where it had always been the place where all kinds of animals gathered together?

It must have been the kind person who had helped him. He had been very happy when he had thought about it. But he had not expected that the kind person was in fact the snake in front of him. This snake... it wouldn't actually die, right?

Wiping his eyes with his hand, Shu Shu once again took out some medicinal herbs, put them in his mouth, and chewed them.

The medicinal herbs tasted very bitter. Shu Shu's brows puckered while chewing, but this time he chewed the herbs for a while before spitting them out onto his hand. After he finished chewing, he did not dare to throw the herbs again. Rather, he summoned up his courage to cautiously move forward and slowly approach the huge snake.

The familiar scent was even more intense, and Shu Shu was finally not as afraid as before. He squatted down and put the medicinal herbs on the wound on the snake's tail, gently smearing them.

While smearing the medicinal herbs, not being careful, Shu Shu's hand met the satiny scales of the snake.

Shu Shu instantly jumped up and fled. He ran for a few meters before he came to a halt. Then, frightened and still in doubt, he went back. Feeling that he's biting off more than he could chew, he stared at the huge snake. He was trying to be brave, but his legs felt weak.

He was really, really afraid of snakes.... They're so horrible!

Shu Shu couldn't help but remember the first time he had met with the huge snake and the feel of dread that had swept over him. At that time, he had been really frightened. Unexpectedly, he had not borne in mind the smell of the huge snake. If he had known earlier....

If he had known earlier, well, it was neither here nor there....

The huge snake lay there motionless; its body was cold. There was a wound on its abdomen, and it was still bleeding out.... Shu Shu was silent for a while and then slowly moved forward. This time he applied the medicinal herbs on the wound on the snake's abdomen.

When he was applying the herbs, the huge snake's abdomen moved up and down slightly.... Shu Shu cried out in fear and, not surprisingly, fell back several steps once more. He gradually loosen up before he dared to step forward again and continue with medicating the huge snake.

Edgar lay on his stomach on the ground and felt the hand that was treating him kept trembling. He remained silent for some time.

In his lifetime, this was the longest time someone took to administer medicine to him. The little guy was just repeating the motion over and over again. Anyway..., he actually wasn't angry at all; instead, he thought it was funny.

The little sub-beastman was afraid that he would die. He did not expect that the little guy would still insist on giving him medicine.

It's just... this little sub-beastman was jumpy, so he didn't dare to move. At the same time, his whole body that was coiled around the loathsome tiger actually felt extremely uncomfortable.