chapter 8

8. Following Him Home

Although the giant tiger's remains were only skin and bones, but the bones still had some meat, so they were still a bit too heavy for Shu Shu. He dragged the tiger by its tail as he walked a long way, and he couldn't help but pant.

Seeing that he had already walked a long way, he reckoned that the huge snake over there would not be affected by the tiger skin anymore. He hurriedly threw the tiger skin into a corner and happily went to the river bank.

Edgar was following closely behind, and seeing this scene, he could not help but feel a bit dumbfounded.

The little sub-beastman knew how hard it was to collect weeds, so how could he throw away such a thick and warm tiger skin? He guessed the little sub-beastman did not know how to treat the tiger skin. As a matter of fact, it was not surprising if he didn't know....

Although his body was full of wounds now, but Edgar had liked to fight since childhood and often gotten injured. As a result, he felt that everything at the moment was still tolerable. At most, he was only unable to move freely because some of his scales were missing and because he had eaten too much, that's all.

Picking up the tiger skin-discarded by the little sub-beastman-with his mouth, Edgar once again smelled the scent of the little sub-beastman and followed him closely.

Shu Shu walked all the way and finally arrived at the only place nearby with a water source. It was a small lake that was formed due to the convergence of a few brooks. He did not dare to do as he wished and go into the water. Once he had followed his owner and watched The Animal World together. The experience made him quite afraid of lake and such because alligators would suddenly spring out of the water. He just scooped out some water from the lake and washed his hands and feet.

The lake water was ice-cold; Shu Shu kept trembling while he was washing up. Done washing, he kept hopping around beside the puddle, hoping to warm himself up.

He cherished the memory of his former life more and more. All along, there had been people who had raised him. Not to mention about having no worry about food and clothing, he had also had fur to protect him against the cold, and his owner had specially prepared a warm little nest for him. He totally had not need to go hungry or freeze. Although his scope of activities had only been inside the cage-which had been a bit small-but he really had not minded.

Moreover... he had been able to open the cage's door, so he had often left the cage to go for a walk when the owner had not been at home or had been sleeping.

Thinking of the past, Shu Shu could not help but sigh. At this moment, he heard the sound of a snake slithering behind him and also smelled the familiar scent.

The kind person! Huge snake! Snake!

Instantly rigid from his body's general conditioned reflex, Shu Shu turned his head and saw the huge snake that previously looked as if he had been dying holding the tiger skin with his mouth and coming over to him.

The huge snake's wounds still looked alarming, and the medicinal herbs he had chewed were still smeared on the top, but it looked like its wounds did not matter one bit; it just slithered around like usual. It swung its head and tossed the heavy tiger skin into the small lake.

This strength, it was comparable to his for the most part.... Shu Shu had been a little ignorant.

After tossing the tiger skin into the lake, Edgar turned his head toward the little sub-beastman and saw him suddenly jump up and then run away without looking back.

How many times had his family's little beastie run away from him today? Edgar wanted to calculate it but suddenly found that he couldn't do it.

This little sub-beastman had run back and forth, wasn't he tired?