chapter 12

12. Teaching the Huge Snake to Speak

Didn't know if it was a figment of Shu Shu's imagination or not, but after he infused his spiritual power into the huge snake's wounds, he largely felt that the huge snake's wounds seemed to be much better.

Spiritual power had effect on wounds? Shu Shu's face showed a pleasantly surprised expression. As a result . . . he was thinking of infusing a little bit more spiritual power into the huge snake, only to find that his sparse spiritual power had already been used up.

Shu Shu bitterly looked at his hands; he was extremely depressed. When he had been a hamster, he had had so much spiritual power. He had even been able to use a spell to play with the wind and so on to make himself feel nice and cool. Now it went as far as to become like this . . . .

Shu Shu sighed heavily. Then he sat down and began to cultivate.

He now had very little spiritual power, but he would recover a little bit of it after cultivating for a while. As soon as he recovered, he would again infused his spiritual power into the huge snake's body.

So, after repeating the move several times, the wounds on the huge snake's body immediately looked much better. Shu Shu felt that this was not cultivating; it was just helping the snake treat its wounds, and it was very boring. Thinking about it, he went into his self-dig "cellar" to find a thumb thick twig. After that, while he was infusing his spiritual power into the huge snake, he was also chewing.

When Shu Shu had gone out to find food, he had sniffed out this type of twig. At that time, he had gotten a whiff of this smell, and he felt that it had smelled extremely good. He had been unable to stop himself from taking a bite of the tender twig. Subsequently, he had discovered that this tender twig had indeed spurted out a sweet-tasting juice, and the taste had been very good.

After discovering this detail, Shu Shu had took home quite a lot of twigs. Some he had eaten directly, and some he had dried in the sun and then stored, keeping them for the sake of his molars in the future. Although he was a human now, but his teeth were still very good. There was no need to worry about idle chewing at all!

The sun-dried twigs' flavor was by far not as good as the tender twigs, but after being chewed for a long time, they still carried a bit of sweetness. Being able to grind his teeth, Shu Shu chewed on happily. Afterwards, he chewed while he was treating the huge snake's wounds nonstop and even while he was cultivating. His mouth moved unconsciously without stopping, and not long after, there was already a pile of chewed wood scraps around him.

When Edgar opened his eyes, he happened to see Shu Shu "eating" a wooden stick.

He was somewhat bewildered and couldn't understand what the heck was going on with himself now. After a good while, he finally managed to get clear-headed. Immediately his mind came up with the length of time-the little sub-beastman was so hungry he ate wood?

Edgar came to this realization and felt extremely sorry for the little sub-beastman.

Sub-beastman's body was totally couldn't be compared to beastman's. Therefore, from ancient times to the present time, the sub-beastmen had always been in the state of being protected by the beastmen. Even if today's science and technology could already make many sub-beastmen not inferior to the beastmen, but the beastmen still continued the custom from ancient times to this day-protecting and taking care of the sub-beastmen, especially their own sub-beastman.

This was an innate tendency engraved in the beastmen's bones. Even if Edgar had become a mere beast now, he still had that kind of innate tendency.

Of course, if there was a sub-beastman he was not familiar with before his eyes, he, under the circumstances, at most could only help him to the best of his ability. But now sitting beside him was a little sub-beastman whom he liked from the bottom of his heart.

In the midst of taking care of the little sub-beastman for several days, Edgar had finally understood one thing clearly; that was, he liked this little sub-beastman.

When Edgar had realized this point, at first he didn't understand why he could like this little sub-beastman, but then he carefully thought about it. Afterwards, he felt that it was quite normal.

There was nothing about this little sub-beastman that he did not like.