chapter 17

17. Hibernation and Cultivation

After three or four days, the tiger skin was completely dry.

Although Edgar had rubbed the tiger skin with the alkaline plant ash several times, but the tiger skin was still not soft enough. To say the least, wanting to use it for clothes was not acceptable, but using it as a mattress was more than acceptable.

Shu Shu sun-dried the tiger skin and then spread it inside his bedroom. He also caressed and stroked it back and forth gently and carefully, eyes full of obsession.

Tiger skin, ah! This was indeed a tiger skin, ah!

Tigers were protected animals. How many people in this world could sleep on a tiger skin?

Those very powerful people on TV usually had a tiger skin blanket. He also had it now!

Shu Shu might dislike tigers now, but he had no prejudice against the tiger skin at all . . . . It was really nice and warm, and very comfortable too. He even wanted to strip naked and rub against it!

Shu Shu's bedroom was connected to the living room. When he went to bed at night, he blocked off the entrance, but he did not do it during the day. When Edgar caught a wild boar and returned with it, he just happened to see the little sub-beastman right in the middle of rubbing against the tiger skin.

Edgar's mood immediately became gloomy. As expected, sub-beastmen still preferred furry beastmen . . . . His birth father and father were very affectionate, but sometimes they would still avoid the very body he had inherited from his father. Fancy that they felt they could not hold a beastman who had turned into a prototype to sleep.

In the future, the little sub-beastman would meet with so many people. He should be able to reach out to the bold and powerful beastmen who also possessed handsome beast types.

No matter how things were, it was totally impossible for him to be this type of beast.

"You are back!" Seeing Edgar return, Shu Shu stuck his head out of the bedroom and smiled at Edgar.

He was still scared of the huge snake, but he did not hate it at all. He was even quite fond of the huge snake. After all, he could only socialize with the huge snake now.

Seeing the little sub-beastman's smile, Edgar couldn't control his tail from sticking up and swinging left and right. He felt a little foolish after doing it, and the tail tip immediately rolled up.

Shu Shu noticed this scene. He thought it was quite adorable, and then he remembered that it was a snake tail. He could only make himself shift his attention to check the prey that the huge snake brought back.

"Big snake, you've been coming back with a prey these past few days. It made me have no time to do anything else besides making dried meat!" Shu Shu said, skipping over from the bedroom. "Also, did you discard the internal organs again? But those are good things, ah . . . ."

The wild boar's skin was not very useful; Edgar had already removed it. He just brought back the washed-clean meat and threw away the rest, which made Shu Shu feel that it was quite a pity.

You know, when those large beasts caught their preys, they all certainly liked to eat the internal organs first. It was because animal internal organs were high in calories, and also because those internal organs were good nutrition that contained several types of vitamins, including vitamin A that was good for the eyes.

The huge snake's diet did not include vegetables, so it should eat more internal organs for supplementary vitamins!

Edgar listened attentively to Shu Shu's words. Shu Shu believed that he could not understand those words. What could he say? As a matter of fact, he could already understand many words.

The little sub-beastman was feeling bitter about the wild boar's internal organs? He felt bad about it, but he didn't want to see the little sub-beastman painstakingly deal with removing the prey's internal organs. As for himself . . . he was a snake now, without hands and feet and depending entirely on his mouth. In addition, he really did not like to deal with those things . . . .

Edgar lied on his stomach at the side, looking as if he completely couldn't understand what was being said while watching the little sub-beastman get busy and rush around.

The foodstuff stored by the little sub-beastman was already abundant. Just another few days, and then he should leave. He was a snake, and winter was for hibernation. At that time, it would be better to get through the winter in his own cave and to distance himself a bit from the little sub-beastman.