fifteen

/LISA/

I tried concentrating, listening and absorbing whatever the woman in burgundy blouse was explaining about. But, I just couldn't.

The mentioned woman, Christie Walls, was explaining her presentation, something about closing the MC's mine in Japan and build one in Africa instead. The idea was overall very good and promising, but I just couldn't get my mind into it at the moment.

My thoughts were somehow stuck on a certain brunette with cat-like, mesmerizing eyes. It's been three days since our confession and the kiss. God, I couldn't even think about her without feeling her soft lips ghosting mine.

We're still texting each other, a bit more frequently this time around. But still, I wasn't satisfied by only receiving texts from her, I wanted to see her. Badly.

"Mrs. Walls, how about the damage that remained done in Japan?"

Mrs. Walls thought for a moment, then smiled as she poured her thoughts onto the meeting room. Checking my wristwatch for the nth time tonight, I sighed slightly.

The other member of MC kept on asking Mrs. Walls concerning her ideas and her opinions about the damages and consequences, prolonging the meeting by doing so. As expected of Mrs. Walls, she calmly answered all the questions.

The meeting was going on for almost two hours and by each minutes passing by, I grew more bored.

Mrs. Walls asked the members if they had anything else to ask for, and when they gave no response, I stood up instead. "Thank you, Mrs. Walls, for the presentation. I very much agreed about opening a branch of MC in Angola, Africa, but we still need the approvement and opinions from our President, Mr. Manoban to take the next steps. Therefore, this meeting is finished and the next meeting will be announced this week. Good night, everyone. Thank you,"

The members stood up from their respective chairs and shook hands with each other. I stood up too, taking everyone's hands offered to me. I slightly nodded at Mrs. Walls before stepping out of the meeting room.

"Hey, do I have another meeting or appointment?" I greeted my personal assistant, Joy. Joy looked up from her computer for a second before focusing back on the schedule.

"No, you're done for today," Joy smiled, I sighed in relief. "Tomorrow, you have a meeting at 8 am with the Kang Company. That's it for tomorrow, though. Nothing else."

"Thank you, Joy. Well, you better go home now. It's almost 10 pm,"

"Uhm, yeah. I'll figure that one out," Joy chuckled softly, her focus was back on the screen of her computer.

"Hm?"

"I'll figure out how to get home, my ride had gone earlier,"

I nodded swiftly. "Where do you live?"

"Not too far from here, about thirty minutes ride,"

"Well, I can give you a ride,"

"No, you don't have to. I mean, pretty sure there's somebody else who's also going in the same direction as me—"

"Are you declining my humble offer?" I asked in a serious tone, but secretly mean it as a playful one.

"No! I just—you're technically my boss and I don't want people to think—"

"Cut the bullshit, I'm driving you home. Come on,"

Joy stared at me. Then she sighed in defeat and tidied up her desk. She turned off her computer, rearranged her files to insert them inside her map, and slung her bag on her shoulder.