chapter 31

31. Four-Legged Snake

Each time, the huge snake would take the initiative to let the thunderbolt fall on its head, but Shu Shu and the huge snake were cheek by jowl, so naturally, there was no narrow or lucky escape for him. After the arrival of a new round of thunderbolts, his external skin had already been charred. When he moved a little, a flake of charred skin fell from his body, exposing the bright red flesh inside, and it was extremely painful.

When the next lightning fell, those bright red flesh would get charred again . . . .

Shu Shu felt that his current appearance might not look human anymore.

But he didn't want to die; he still wanted to keep on living . . . .

Shu Shu had read some true cultivation novels. When the characters in the novels went through the heavenly tribulation, they often had some magic items and formations, but until now, he had never had anything at all.

Because of this, when he had gone through the heavenly tribulation, he had just curled up and resolutely endured. Now Edgar was going through the heavenly tribulation, and once again, there was nothing he could do.

However, he could make himself feel a bit better.

Sitting cross-legged and smelling the burnt aroma emanating from his body, Shu Shu began to circulate the weak spiritual power within his body. He was trying to find a way to make himself forget the pain on his body.

Shu Shu was very much in pain, and Edgar also wasn't feeling better at this time. When he had lost a few scales before, he had been very anxious. And now, his scales were falling out at light speed.

The originally ugly snake was all scorched now, and it looked even uglier.

Without them being aware, the heavenly lightning had already fallen eighteen times, and the thundercloud still did not dispersed. Clearly, the thundercloud had been brewing for a good while, yet the nineteenth lightning had not fallen. It meant they could get a short break.

Edgar seized the moment to recover. At the same time, he finally had time to pay attention to the situation around him. Only then did he find that there were planes flying back and forth in the sky. They were even throwing something towards the thundercloud, probably wanting to destroy it. However, it was quite clear that they were doing useless deeds.

This thundercloud was certainly not a simple thundercloud . . . .

Edgar's cultivation speed was extremely fast. Now that the spiritual power around him was sufficient, his previously drained spiritual power was almost instantly brought up to full.

At this time, thunderbolts were flashing inside the thundercloud. The third round of lightning tribulation would arrive in a moment.

The people outside were watching the thundercloud that had gotten bigger instead of getting smaller. They gaped at it and totally couldn't figure out what was going on.

This lightning was too wicked; how could it last for so long and strike relentlessly? And even aimed the strike at the snake beastman?

They had some ways to dissipate the black cloud and divert the thunderbolts. The two planes above had already thrown a lot of things into the black cloud, but these things unexpectedly hadn't had any effect.

What the heck was going on here?

Under the doings of the planes flying above the square, the abnormal rain that had come down in the background finally stopped. Jones wiped the rain water off his face, his expression exceptionally solemn, and finally made up his mind: "Fire some rockets at the black cloud!"

They hadn't dared to use offensive weapons before; they just wanted to disperse the black cloud. But those methods had had no effect at all, and now they could only try other methods.

Jones' voice barely fell when the planes fired rockets into the thundercloud.