chapter 42

42. He's Actually the Crown Prince

"Julian, it's you again." Catching sight of the sub-beastman who came in from the door, Frank's expression was a bit ugly. Gritting his teeth, he said: "How does me being poor concern you?"

"You being poor doesn't concern me. Could it be that you can't let people speak about it because you're indeed poor?" The incoming sub-beastman, Julian, was a very good-looking sub-beastman with a delicate, pointed face, big eyes, and a small and exquisite nose. His appearance was classified as the most popular among beastmen, but the way he was looking at Frank now, which was full of malice, made him look quite unpleasant. "Poor boy, a man like you shouldn't appear in the Imperial College at all. Becoming your schoolmate is simply losing face."

"You . . ." Frank glared at Julian. He knew Julian couldn't bear to see him, but he didn't expect that Julian would speak to him like this in public.

"Don't tell me that I spoke wrongly, poor boy who can't even afford the clothes here." Julian said again. Then, unexpectedly, he glanced at Edgar and sneered, saying: "Oh, that's right, you now have an intimate relationship with a beastman who can buy up all the clothes here. Congratulations, ah." As a beastman, taking a sub-beastman to this kind of place to buy clothes was nothing much. It was truly ridiculous of that beastman to still assume an air of "I'm very rich". Anyway, Frank could only be together with such a beastman.

"Julian, stop talking nonsense! This beastman has nothing to do with me!" Frank took a quick look at Shu Shu and promptly clarified-he certainly didn't want to be misunderstood by Shu Shu.

"So you're related to this sub-beastman who looks like he came from a backwater planet? Is he your poor relative?" Julian turned towards Shu Shu.

Shu Shu didn't expect that the fire of war suddenly approached and burned himself and Edgar. He rolled up his sleeves and exclaimed angrily: "You're poor! Your whole family's poor!"

Julian originally didn't take notice of Shu Shu. Catching a glimpse of Shu Shu with very ugly sportswear on his body and a large bucket of ten credit popcorn in his hand, Julian said with a sneer: "I'm poor? I clearly have more money than you!"

Shu Shu indeed had no money, not even a cent, and he immediately felt a bit self-conscious. Edgar frowned. As a beastman, he shouldn't rudely interrupted the altercation between sub-beastmen, but he also shouldn't just look on unfeelingly while his own sub-beastman was suffering losses.

However, relying on himself to give the sub-beastman before his eyes a beating was out of the question . . . . Edgar frowned again and turned to his communication device.

A moment ago, he had sent a message to Calvin, asking Calvin what's to be done when the sub-beastman he took out to buy clothes met someone who looked down on him. Calvin already gave him a reply now: "Smash them with money! Make people who look down on your man see how much money you really have! Take your sub-beastman to buy, buy, and buy!"

How this was going to work specifically? Edgar still hadn't figured out the way when a beastman's deep and low voice suddenly came through from the outside, "Julian, are you here?" In the wake of the voice, a tall, handsome beastman walked in from the outside.

"I saw Frank, so I came over to say hello." Seeing the beastman, Julian's whole person became gentle, and a sweet smile hung on his face. He stepped forward to hold the beastman's hand and then said: "Let's go. Didn't you say that you're going to take me to wander around the Imperial Plaza?"

The beastman gave Frank a quick look and a nod and then left while holding on to Julian. After walking a few steps, Julian turned his head. It seemed like he did that just to glance provocatively at Frank.

"Who is he, ah?!" Shu Shu frowned.

"He's my schoolmate." Frank was a little embarrassed: "I'm sorry for involving you two."

"Never mind. I still have to thank you for helping me pick clothes." Shu Shu said, after which he found out that Edgar had already paid the bill. "Hey, why did you pay?"

"You like them, so just buy." Edgar also paid the bill for the two sets of clothes that Frank wanted to buy. Then he pulled Shu Shu along: "Walk. Let's go to the Imperial Plaza."