chapter 45

45. Passing Through the Inner Demon Tribulation

Shu Shu followed Edgar back to the Imperial palace with practically a heavy load on his mind.

Edgar actually liked him . . . . Inexplicably, he was a bit happy but also felt that it was not right. He was different from the sub-beastmen after all.

Edgar saw Shu Shu not talking and fell silent as well. He liked Shu Shu who twittered incessantly at his side. Now that Shu Shu didn't talk, he always felt weird. Alas, he also didn't know what to say to Shu Shu . . . .

For a moment, he kind of regretted confessing so hurriedly.

"What do you want to eat for dinner?" Edgar finally asked as they got down from the aircraft.

"Whatever." Shu Shu replied. The food in the Imperial palace was all very delicious. Undoubtedly, those spare ribs he had eaten before were the most interesting to gnaw on . . . . Attention diverted once again, Shu Shu added, "I want to eat those deep-fried spare ribs too. "

"I'll let the chef cook them for you." Edgar said.

Shu Shu nodded happily, "Good." After that, he said: "I want a virtual game machine with virtual space."

"Alright." Edgar nodded and immediately ordered the latest model of luxurious game cabin from the star network, nonchalantly paying more to make people deliver it as soon as possible. "We'll eat first. Let 006 install the game machine, and then you can play after you eat."

"So fast?" Shu Shu was both surprised and pleased. After he came to the dining table and found that the deep-fried spare ribs had already been put on the table, he was even more pleasantly surprised.

It was impossible that these spare ribs only took a few words from him to be done. He guessed Edgar had already ordered the chef to cook the dish for him in advance?

If truth be told, Edgar was really, really good to him. In the beginning, he sent him preys and then saved him. Afterwards, he took him out of the forest and even sent him to school . . . .

Therefore, he definitely couldn't let Edgar misunderstand!

He absolutely had to let Edgar know beforehand that he was a beastman, not a sub-beastman!

Thinking this way, Shu Shu very fiercely chewed a mouthful of spare ribs in front of him. The meat used for these deep-fried spare ribs was very fragrant but also quite difficult to chew. This kind of meat was actually not suitable for sub-beastmen to chew, but Shu Shu's teeth were good, and he liked to gnaw on tough food.

Grabbing a strip of spare rib, Shu Shu started to gnaw on it ferociously.

Everyone said that it was not good for the body if a sub-beastman ate too much, but so long as Edgar thought of how they had nothing to eat in the forest, he was very reluctant to stop Shu Shu and could only urge him to eat more vegetables. Fortunately, Shu Shu also liked to eat vegetables and fruits. He likewise ate them happily, and the two men would not get into a dispute.

After dinner, Shu Shu hurriedly went to see the game machine and discovered that it was actually a single person-sized egg-shaped object. It looked very beautiful and also gave the feeling of a very high-tech product.

"What game do you want to play? I'll help you download it." Edgar asked. He usually did not play games, but he once used such a virtual device to learn to pilot aircrafts and mech, so he did know how it worked.

"Help me make a lot of snakes." Shu Shu replied. "I want to train myself to be unafraid of snake."

Edgar stared blankly, and then his eyes flashed with wonder as he looked at Shu Shu. He always knew that Shu Shu was afraid of snake, and now, after he had just confessed, Shu Shu was going to find a way to overcome his fear . . . .

Edgar's heart suddenly jumped a little faster.

"This latest model of game machine has the function of helping people overcome their fears. I'll help you to do it." Edgar said. Nowadays, there were quite many sub-beastmen who were afraid of all kinds of things. There were also sub-beastmen who were afraid of their own partners' beast forms because they had been accidentally frightened by said beasts. As a result, some game companies developed computer programs that help people to overcome their fears.

It's actually like this. Shu Shu was quite amazed. He trusted Edgar very much, so he let Edgar handle all the works of setting up the game machine. Afterwards, he entered the virtual cabin, lay down, and closed his eyes as per Edgar's bidding.

Not long after closing his eyes, Shu Shu sensed himself appear in a vast expanse of whiteness.

His body slowly took shape within the void, and then a voice spoke, "Hello, respected customer. Welcome to the self-experienced journey of overcoming your fears developed by our XXX company."