chapter 52

52. The Rival in Love Retreats in Defeat

After both Shu Shu and Edgar left the lounge, Ian turned off the monitor and stopped paying attention to the matters below.

He was not a gossipy person at all, and he was not interested in spending time on these things. Frankly, just holding a banquet already made him feel quite vexed. If not, he would've done it frequently and not just once in a few years.

Taking out his communication device and connecting to the star network, Ian began to read the various messages that had already been filtered by his assistant. Upon seeing this, Chris also began to read his own mail.

Both men took the time to get busy for a while. Then they heard a knock at the door.

A banquet would be held today, and a lot of people were coming into the Imperial palace. Consequently, there were some men who kept watch outside the lounge. People who did not have the right identity had absolutely no chance to approach this area. Guessing that it was one of the few privileged people who came, Ian immediately said, "Come in."

The voice-controlled door opened in response, and the person outside came in. Ian discovered that the person who came was Myer.

"Uncle Chris, Uncle Ian." After Myer came in, he called out to them. "My body was unwell after returning from Voisines planet, so I haven't been able to pay a visit to the two uncles in time. I came over early today. I haven't disturbed you, have I?"

"It turns out to be Little Myer, ah. I heard you designed and made an A-ranked mech in Voisines planet? That's really great." Ian said with a smile.

Ian was always very fond of Myer. Before Edgar's disappearance, he even had a mind to play matchmaker for Edgar and Myer. But now that Edgar already had a sub-beastman he liked, Ian would lay this thought to rest.

Chris also gave a little nod to Myer and then saw Shu Shu who came in after Myer and then ran toward Ian's back.

Chris really appreciated Myer, and he also thought it was a pity that his son was not together with Myer. However, compared to Myer, Shu Shu was after all his family now . . . .

"Shu Shu, why are you not eating downstairs?" Chris, who had always been taciturn, took the initiative to ask and even showed an almost invisible smile to Shu Shu.

Shu Shu also had no idea why he went up with Myer. For a moment, he didn't know what he should say, which made him feel that he was useless.

"Shu Shu, come, come, I'll introduce you." Ian stood up and, pulling Shu Shu, gave a simple introduction to Myer and also introduced Myer to Shu Shu.

Shu Shu was pulled by Ian and saw that Edgar was not present, so his whole person was very at ease. Myer's heart, however, went "ba dum". He clearly perceived that Ian and Chris' manners towards Shu Shu was even more intimate than to him.

Just because this person was Ian's relative? Myer was somewhat unhappy, but he had always had a very good self-restraint and never revealed the slightest bit of his feelings. Instead, he started to chat with Ian.

Myer talked about things that Ian was interested in. The two of them had a very lively chat, but Shu Shu was in a fog listening to them and basically couldn't take part in the conversation.

It's still not long since he knew how to read, and furthermore, his understanding of the capital star was superficial. It would be strange if he could take part in the conversation at this time!

Hearing Myer and Ian chat about things he completely couldn't understand and seeing Myer's every movement that was too good for words, Shu Shu suddenly felt a bit ashamed of his inferiority.

He always felt that he was very powerful. After all, he was a daemon. In this world, how many animals could cultivate into a daemon, ah? But when he arrived in this place, what could he do as a daemon?

"Shu Shu, if you feel bored, you can go find Edgar." Chris said.

Only after Shu Shu heard Chris' words did he came to himself. After coming to himself, he felt a little baffled. Why did he suddenly become melancholy and moody?

"Oh, that's right, why haven't I seen Edgar?" Myer asked.

His voice just fell, and the door was opened. Then Edgar walked in from the outside.

Edgar swept his eyes over the room, gaze pausing at Shu Shu's body, and let out a sigh of relief. He just went to the kitchen, and when he came out again, he actually couldn't find Shu Shu. Only Synthia stayed alone in the corner . . . . Shu Shu didn't understand anything, so he was very worried that Shu Shu would run into some problems. Now, seeing that Shu Shu was fine, he could set his heart at rest.