Chapter 54

Liana

"You ruined her life." She spat with anger. "After that day, she no longer kept her position in the company because you f*cked her up just like in college."

My features relaxed and I looked at her with tilted eyes. "She bullied me first in college and she was the one who attacked everyone in the workshop." I calmly replied and she glared at me like I was lying.

"There is evidence." I replied. She got up from her seat and slapped her hand on the table, Melissa was quick on her feet and said, "sit back down, you could be charged again if you attack her."

"F*ck that!" She glared at me. "I am already screwed anyway."

"What is the point of revenge again? It's a cycle isn't it? You keep attacking and someone else takes your spots as revenge." I said.

She give me a cold smile and did not say anything. "Now that you know my motives, what are you going to do? Arrest me?" She looked at Melissa. "You better watch your back." She said looking back at me.

"Are you threatening her?" Melissa asked. "You do know, whatever you say here may go against you later."

The woman shrugged and she said, "Make sure you watch your back."

Oliver drove us back to the Richmond, it still didn't feel right to me about all this, the suspect, the confession and the warning. I told Oliver I will be in the shower and explained that I am just shook by all of the events and hid the fact that I have this unusual feelings that the woman is not the real mind game, she is the card thrown in the event. The sudden tip from an unknown stranger, apparently the police asked the public assistance to provide any pictures of videos that can help to find the suspect, was the one reason, that she was caught.

Oliver looked relaxed now as I came out from the shower, he in fact took a shower as well and was sitting on the bed with his back on the bed board, and his long leg stretched out on the bed.

"I am so relieved this is over. One off the plates." He cheered.

"I am sorry for so much trouble to you." I apologized to him as I played with my fingers and he came forward and took my hands in his.

"It is not trouble, you are never a trouble and will never be one for me." He said.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

His eyes gleamed and he said, "Never."

"That means we can go back with our planned trip?" I asked hopeful.

"Sure." He smiled at me, "I should share the news with Grayson and Jason." He realized. "I will be right back." And stood up from the bed.

He was gone for a little while as I laid on the bed, stomach facing the bed and scrolled through my iPad for any mails.

"Dinner is ready, baby." He walked in and said. I put my iPad aside and sat up and nodded my head. He pulled me up and together we went down for dinner.

"This space is so big." I said looking around the house.

"I know, but it doesn't get lonely with you being here." He said and winked at me.

"I kind of miss the apartment and doesn't miss it at the same time? Does it make sense."

"It does." He nodded his head in agreement.

"How is work and everything?" I asked.

He sighed at first and said, "its a little stressful after Megan's chaotic news; I officially sued her." He frowned. "She was blaming me for her lack of career options and was making unnecessary remarks in the news; I sued her over for breaking the contract by publicly saying something about the private matters of the company to the news and also for some other reasons."

"Dramas." I muttered.

"She was my best friend and I did not expect in a million years, that we both will be caught up in these situations."

"I'm sorry." I apologized. I feel like I came between their friendship, but Megan just doesn't seem like she wants friendship, she wanted more than that.

"You don't have to apologize for what happened and no you don't have to feel like you broke our friendship, which you clearly did not! She was not supportive like I thought she will be."

I nodded my head and give him a small smile, "I hope everything works out for you too."

"Slowly but surely." He said. "I can't wait for us to go to California."

"That's pretty interesting." I said, considering he shows lack of interest in travelling. "Will I get an insight of you?"

He give me a thoughtful look. "Maybe a little."

"I can't wait for that."I said excitedly.

"Are you interested in me now?" He teased.

"I was always interested in you." I said rolling my eyes.

"Did not seem so." He said. "You look disinterested when we met!"

"You were technically my boss."

"Boss you did not even know about!"

I smiled and said, "You were pretty good at keeping things."

"Making sure to open up a little bit now." He promised. "We have to make this work." He said determined.

"Communication is important."

"I agree with that." He said and we clinked our champagne glass. "I am so excited for California."

"You already said that." I laughed at his excitement. "Should I be as excited as you are because I will get hints about you in the trips?"

"There is nothing exciting about my childhood life." He said, dissolving all my hopes in finding his childhood. "But maybe a few interesting facts about me."

I smiled at him, he is definitely trying and I am so glad to hear that from him. "I'm more excited now."

"Aren't you curious about me, now?"

I grinned and give him a thumbs up.

"Facts about Oliver on the trip. Here we come." He cheered.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book, please give this chapter a Vote and a share, we have started a new book called "Loving Everly Gray"please add that book to your reading list and support us in that book as well. ❤️