chapter 57

57. The Wedding Night

Held tight in Edgar's arms and being taken away by Edgar, Shu Shu had some regrets at the beginning. Why did he pretend to be dead and therefore get caught?

However, after regretting for a while, his mood quickly changed to the point that he could not restrain himself from touching the muscles of Edgar's abdomen with his paws.

This man's muscles looked really good, ah . . . . Touching and stroking, Shu Shu felt a little shy.

The military department usually didn't allow outsiders to enter, but now that there was no war, the supervision was not so strict. Besides, Edgar was going to watch the new recruit competition today, which did not involve any secrets at all. It was all right even if he directly bring Shu Shu to enter, not to mention that Shu Shu was just a little hamster now.

"Once we arrive, I'll put you in my pocket. Be obedient, and I'll take you to see the mech." When the aircraft almost arrived at the gate of the military department, Edgar plucked Shu Shu, who had been messing with him and making him very tickly, from the inside of his clothes.

Sitting in a crouch on Edgar's hand, Shu Shu nodded repeatedly.

Getting off the aircraft, Edgar headed for the doorway of the military department, and the scanner in the doorway started to "beep" loudly at the same time.

"Your Imperial Highness, is there a living animal on your body?" The soldier on duty as the gate-keeper looked at Edgar in surprise. Edgar didn't look like he was carrying something, ah.

"I bring this little guy with me today." Edgar patted his breast pocket. Having heard what was said, Shu Shu immediately stretched his head out from inside the pocket to let the man look him over. Opening his eyes wide, his tiny eyes looked extremely innocent.

The soldier glanced at Shu Shu in amazement and then opened the door. It really made people very amazed that His Imperial Highness the Crown Prince would actually bring his pet to the military department!

Wasn't it only sub-beastmen who liked pets? When beastmen, especially snake beastmen, saw this little guy, they should have felt like devouring it whole, right?

The military department would recruit soldiers every year. Now that the high-tech weapons were more and more powerful, the current recruiting condition of the military department was completely different from that in ancient times.

In ancient times, as long as the beastmen were able-bodied, they could go and be a soldier. But now, if they had not attended a special military school and learned to operate all kinds of weapons, wanting to be a soldier was basically impossible . . . .

It was also because of this that there were countless military schools in the Beastman Empire nowadays. Among these, there were ordinary military schools that genuinely didn't care about the grades of the cultural subjects, and there were high level military schools that aimed to groom military officers. For example, when the Imperial College graduates joined the military department, they would definitely take up duty as officers.

Today, there was a batch of new recruits who were going to join the military department.

These new recruits were actually recruited two months ago. The military had trained them for the whole two months, and today was the day when these new recruits had a competition. After the competition, they would officially swear an oath to join the military department.

A great many people came to watch the new recruit competition. The eight corps of the Beastman Empire all had people coming. Even four of the corps marshals were coming. The other four did not come because they were not in the capital star.

Every year, some good seedlings could be found among the newly enlisted soldiers, and every corps would fight over these good seedlings.

However, the Imperial Fleet and the eight corps were separate. The independent Imperial Fleet would recruit soldiers on their own and not through the military department. Therefore, today Edgar came purely to watch the lively event, and he brought Shu Shu along to watch the excitement.

The individual mech competition held on the drill ground and the group battle competition held in the virtual network were underway almost simultaneously. The latter would probably make no sense and quite boring for people who did not understand about military matters, so Edgar brought Shu Shu to watch the mech competition.

Even if the new recruits' mechs played very well, Edgar seemed to be quite indifferent to it. On the contrary, Shu Shu popped his little head out of Edgar's breast pocket and were watching in exhilaration.

Sure enough, bringing Shu Shu here was a correct decision. Edgar couldn't help but stroke Shu Shu's little head with his fingers.

Although he and Shu Shu had known each other for quite a long time and gotten along for more than half a year, but they had been obstructed by the language barrier at first. As a result, they hadn't had many exchanges and also had never gone on a date . . . .

Today, they could be considered as going on a date together, right?

Head rubbed by Edgar's hand, Shu Shu immediately turned his head and glared at Edgar resentfully. As a little hamster that was only as big as the palm of the hand, his glare was really meaningless to Edgar.

The corners of Edgar's mouth curled up, and it was right at this moment that Myer, wearing a military uniform, walked toward Edgar.

"Edgar." Myer gave Edgar a quick look and then glanced at the little hamster in Edgar's pocket with eyes full of doubt.

Edgar always liked strong people and strong animals. He truly didn't expect that Edgar would actually smile at a little hamster . . . .

"Myer." Edgar nodded toward Myer.

Myer was the son of a duke as well as a mech master. As soon as he came over, an army orderly brought him a chair. After he sat down, he turned towards Edgar with a complex expression. "I heard that you're getting married?"

"Yes, that's right." Edgar nodded.

"It's really very sudden. I thought you're the kind of man who dedicates himself to the army wholeheartedly and will only get married when he's fifty or sixty years old." Myer said again.