Chapter 5

Here is another update! Enjoy!

A week was enough to get used to the situation in the office: Mr. Hernandez sudden inspection of some undisciplines, fired employees, and some threats. Though, he didn't do the inspection often, he somehow managed to know which employee that didn't obey to his rules.

Rules were made for a reason, and in this company, they were made to develop it into a better one by the good human resources.

She had gotten to know Andrew better around that week, taking his offer to have lunch together and some coffe after work. At times, he even came into the office and brought her a cup of coffe so that she wouldn't feel sleepy at work. Savannah was grateful for that.

Savannah looked around as she searched for a certain tall figure. After satisfied that he wasn't around, she began to open her phone and made a video call to a certain person.

She had just done her task and was free at the moment. She expected to have some minutes making a video call without getting caught. Missing two person she hadn't seen almost the entire month made her sneak some time to talk through phone and video call.

"Hi, Dad!" she chirply greeted her father. He was a man with black onyx eyes, hard looking jaw, and a little whitening brown hair. Savannah definitely got her fierce personality from her tough father. He was quite handsome for his age, which was at his fifties.

His father greeted back with a kind smile and asking about how she was doing. Savannah began telling a little about her new job excitedly while her father seemed interested. It was obvious that he was proud of her.

"You are indeed my genius daughter," he praised her, puffing his chest. It wasn't so wrong after all. Savannah, despite sometimes her stupid tendencies, she was a genius at school that she managed to finish her business degree as the best student.

They continued the conversation, telling the current condition in their respective living place. Savannah felt a longing towards her father, but she didn't want grandma to feel lonely. She had to take care of her as well.

"Where is she?" Savannah asked him, missing a certain presence of a little chirpy girl.

Savannah was immediately greeted by a pouting face of a little girl, arms crossed over her chest as she stared at the older woman. She looked cute doing that.

Suddenly, Savannah's father handed the little girl a candy that made her brightened instantly. She was also smiling at Savannah, back to being gabby as the little girl began to say how she missed her.

Savannah felt sadness gnawing at her chest, but she pushed it back. She was going to meet her again next month.

Out of nowhere, she caught a tall figure entered the building, surprised her that she said her goodbye to the two so fast. She didn't even wait at their reply as she closed her phone and hid it back to her bag. She hoped that Mr. Hernandez was so engrossed to his phone that he didn't catch her sneaking a call at a work time.

She glanced up at him, then pretended to act as normal as she scribble down some notes quite furiously.

Looking up, she nodded at him politely as she caught him staring at her. He just studied her for a moment, and went straight to his office after Savannah said her greeting at him.

Once his body was fully inside the other room, Savannah slowly sank down further into her seat in relief. That was close! She definitely didn't want to get caught by the pretty annoying man.

She didn't like him still. In all honesty, she didn't hate him for what he had done. It was just that she felt a bit bitter and reluctant towards the man. He just made her not very sure of how she should act around him, and if she could, she just wanted to avoid that kind of man who act as he pleased.