Chapter 6

Happy Eid Mubarak readers! May God make us holy again and forgive all our past mistakes. Ameen.

You know what? Special for this day, I am updating two chapters!

Savannah prepared herself the next for two days, looking for an excuse, but her mind came up with nothing. So, she told herself just to go with the flow.

They were having a trip to another city nearby, who knew maybe she could multilate and feed his remains to the wolves somewhere? Savannah chuckled at her own dark thoughts, shaking her head.

That was until Andrew came and pulled her out of her own little world, staring at her thirsty expression weirdly. He immediately shoved the cup of coffe into her hands, which she accept with a small suprised smile.

He was like a coffe buddy for her.

"Good luck to your first business trip for this company," Andrew said, patting her shoulder. Savannah raised her eyebrow, muttering a small, "thanks."

She was in sitting on the sofa, waiting for the boss to pick her up. A bag consist of her necessity was packed neatly beside her feet.

Andrew nodded at her and got inside his own office. Savannah slowly sipped her bitter sweet coffe, sighing.

A few minutes later, a certain presence entered the room, instanly making everyone inside set into a wary mode. He ignored Savannah, going straight to his own office. He finally walked out after a moment, bringing a quite thick file in his hand.

He nodded at Savannah and motioned her to follow him. His shiny black car was parked on the side of road in front of the building. Savannah dragged her bag, setting it down and then wait for him to open the passenger seat beside him. As soon as he did, Savannah wasted no time to get in.

"Let's just get this over with," Savannah muttered lowly under her breath after she put her bag in the backseat. She didn't want to put it inside the trunk.

Silently, she cursed David Newman for making her doing this for him. That lazy boy, Savannah remembered was pretty competent as a secretary, but his laziness often make him got scolded by their boss. In the end, he completed his task just fine.

He just needed to work on his definition of deadline, often he should get scolded first before he finally remember he still got something to finish. Definitely a procrastinator at his best.

People in the office calling him Dave, which at first make her confused since she didn't know his full name. And she finally did when Mr. Hernandez cockily beat her in an argument.

Savannah looked away out of the window, gazing at the busy street of people walking hurriedly on the side of the road. She was so engrossed at her own thoughts that she just noticed the car had stopped. Mr. Hernandez was buying his own coffe at a cafe not far from where he had parked the car.

Savannah didn't really care. She just used this opportunity to entertain and prepared herself for the boring trip waiting for her ahead.

She rolled her eyes, making a face. Then, smiling sheepishly as she caught that a kid with lollipop in his mouth was staring at her weirdly. The kid's mother tugged him away, making him stumble and follow his mother, eyes still gazing at Savannah the whole time. A bit amused mixed with embarassment, Savannah just waved her hand at him, which even got more weird stares from strangers.

Savannah facepalmed, burying herself further to the seat, she had just made fool of herself which was seemed like one of her talent. Then, she frowned, did she just see something, or rather someone familiar?

Peeking outside the window, Savannah scanned her surrounding, and she was right. There he was, their secretary, not looking sick at all. Even one of his arm was slung over a girl's shoulder, laughing happily.

Savannah's eye twitched in irritation. So, all this time that jerk was only pretending? His frequent annoying sneezes and pink nose was something that she had to bear for an entire day. Every time he passed her desk, he would sneeze or cough in front of her. She was irritated, but thought nothing of it.

She only thought that maybe it was a karma for splattering Janette's face with her germs.

Savannah balled her fist and growled lowly. She wanted to drag him to Mr. Hernandez and have him replacing her place.

She had prepared herself to attack him. But, before she could get into the action, Mr. Hernandez had entered the car and started the engine, flying away from the scene with fast speed.

"Mr. Herna--" she opened her mouth, but was cutt of by his words.

"What's with the balled fist and the growl?" He asked, staring at her oddly.

Great, now everyone thought that she was insane. She didn't answer.

"I wa--"

"The trip is quite long, so you better prepared yourself and get some rest." He suggested at her, which began to annoy her.

"Yeah, I understand, but I--" again, she was cutt off abruptly by him shoving a coffe into her lap.

"Here, have some coffe," he said it more like a command, then focusing his eyes completely at the road in front of them.

Savannah sighed, she gave up. Maybe, it was his subtle hint that he wanted her to shut up for the whole journey. And she finally did, looking out of the window and scoffing at him while he wasn't looking.

Unknowingly to her, he was smirking slightly as he glanced at her with a knowing look.

The whole ride was silent. Mr. Hernandez looked like he enjoyed himself, while Savannah resembled a person who was done with her life. The silent ride was boring, if only it was Andrew or other people, maybe she could've chatted with them to kill the time.

A few hours later, with her face looking bored out of her mind, they finally stopped in a restaurant. Savannah definitely enjoyed her free food that she ordered twice his meal. He didn't mind though.

As they got back at the car, Savannah asked him if she could sit in the back. He raised his eyebrow at the question, but he did let her. His eyes swirling with amusement.

Savannah ignored his expression. She yawned as she prepared herself to sleep. She knew that sleeping in her employer's car was rather rude and unladylike, but she didn't give a crap. She positioned herself comfortably, making a her bag as a pillow. Sleeping in a sitting position wasn't really comfortable, but at least she got some sleep.

As they ate their meal at that restaurant, Savannah was also texting Janatte who sounded very excited. Her younger cousin got another date from Brandon who finally admit all his mistakes.

Savannah was glad. She sighed happily the last time as she shoved her bag to the side to gain more space and drifted to sleep. Sure, she was fast asleep after she had gotten her stomatch full.

Whoops! I forgot to say this.

1k reads in a week? Thank you my lovely readers! You are all amazing! I wuv you