18. Consent is always important

"I'm sorry

"I'm sorry. What?" I asked.

"You're going to Tartarus." The fury replied.

"He is going to Elysium and I am going to Tartarus?" I repeated, still in shock.

"Yes." The fury smirked. "He didn't kill anyone...you killed him."

"And yet, we're both here. I wonder how I died..." I replied sarcastically. "Oh wait, that's right...the bomb he placed. How dumb of me."

"He did not place the bomb." The fury replied.

I turned to Hades to see he was already walking to me. He held me at the elbow as he turned to one of the guards. "Take him to Elysium. I'll take her to Tartarus."

The guard nodded his head and led the guy towards the door to Elysium as Hades led me to the one opposite to it.

"Hades. He can't seriously be going to Elysium." I asked as we trudged ahead. Hades stopped moving and turned to me.

"You're going to Tartarus and you have a problem with him going to Elysium?" He asked incredulously.

"I killed a man. I deserve to go to Tartarus but he doesn't deserve to go to Elysium." I replied.

Hades shook his head in disbelief. "I don't know what the furies are playing at but you're right. He shouldn't have gone to Elysium."

He took both of my hands into his. "You might feel a bit dizzy after this."

After what? I wanted to ask. But I got the answer before I could open my mouth.

I would have fallen down if Hades wasn't holding me. I tried to stand steady but ended up leaning on Hades. I pushed myself away from him and leaned on the wall beside me.

I had so many questions. What just happened? Why is my head spinning? Is the underworld a monarchy ruled by the furies? And where in hell were we?

But all I could manage to say was, "Uh."

We weren't in the corridor anymore. It was a room. The bed had recently been slept on. The air conditioning had been switched off but the room was still cold. So who's ever room it was, they had just left.

"Where does this little son of a gun keep disappearing off to?" Hades cursed as he sat down on a chair.

Son of a gun. "This is Apollo's room," I noted.