20. Back on Earth

I rolled my eyes as I completely disappeared

I rolled my eyes as I completely disappeared. It was black for a while. Unlike Hades' travelling, which was mostly just wind hitting my face and the aftermath of spinning in circles for too long, the travel with Zeus' kids was more like what humans thought of dying.

I was in complete darkness. I couldn't see myself or anything else, almost like I was sleeping.

"Apollo," I called out but my voice barely travelled. "Apollo!"

Luckily for me, I wasn't afraid of the dark.  However, I was afraid of being lost in eternal darkness.

"Apollo!" I yelled with all my might. A person standing five feet from me would have only seen me move my mouth.

I breathed in a long deep breath to yell louder but before I could open my mouth, the darkness slowly turned to brightness.

×××

It had been three months since I ran from the underworld. I was given a room, a closet of clothes and the freedom to be as I wanted to be.

I wasn't in a palace or anything like that. I was in a three bedroom house with kitchen on the opposite side of the world I died in.

It was weird the way the two gods were completely different. One lived like he was like a tech billionaire and the other lived like he was what the tech billionaire was before he became one.

"I got dinner!" I heard as the front door opened. Apollo waltzed in with two Chinese take out boxes. 

"I've never been happier to see you," I replied back. Apollo frowned as I laughed.

He passed me a take-out box and chopsticks and made himself comfortable on the couch beside me. "So, what did you do today?" He asked as he opened his take-out box.

"I got up. Then, I freshened up and then I ate breakfast." I began. "And then I sat here."

"You still haven't walked out of the house?" He exclaimed. "Man, Lia, you can't just put yourself in house arrest like this. No one is going to recognize you. Just go out and breath the outside air for a while."

I groaned.

"Okay. I need to tell you something." I said as I placed my dinner on the small table in front of us and turned to him. I took one of his hand and cupped it with both of mine. "I don't have any easy way to say this...so I'm just going to say it."

I took a deep breath. "I hate nature."

Apollo pulled his hand away as I laughed. "Really?" He asked sarcastically. "The fact that you killed all my plants didn't give me any idea."

"That wasn't because I hated them," I replied as I played around with my dinner. "That was because I can't take care of shit."

"That's true." He replied. "I'm glad I didn't leave you with one of my children."

"Please tell me you're joking," I replied as he laughed. Apollo got up and bent down to kiss me lightly on the lips leaving a taste of oyster in my mouth before turning around and walking to the kitchen with his empty box.

About a month ago, he properly asked me out. And as you can tell, I said yes. I was happy for the first time in months but of course, with my luck, it wouldn't last.

Apollo walked out with news that would have made my day three months ago. But right then, all I could hope for was that it wouldn't mess up what I had at the moment.

"By the way, I'm taking you to dinner tomorrow," Apollo spoke as I ate my fried rice. "At Mount Olympus."

I choked.

Hope you liked it!Vote and comment :)

Hope you liked it!
Vote and comment :)