69

"Unfortunately, we cannot decipher what exactly happened which caused your heart failure."

Essie blinked slowly, her mind processing every word that the doctor was saying. Harry held her hand tightly, his touch warming her body and calming her nerves. She nodded her head, "so what does this mean?" She asked, her voice back to normal and no longer hoarse.

The doctor replied, "you'll be discharged. For the past week you have been perfectly normal for a girl your age and there seems to be no problems. We don't see any reason to keep you in. However, we do what you to come back if anything seems strange to you."

Harry smiled, yes, not knowing the root cause was awful but the idea of Essie being able to go home after over a month nearly two in hospital was brilliant. Her parents left the room with the doctor just to go over some more details leaving Harrison, Harry, Caspian and Fra with Essie.

"Is that a good thing?" Essie asked the guys, turning to hang her legs off of the bed that she was sat on so that she could put her shoes on.

"Yes and no, Ess," Said Caspian, "on the one hand it's great because you're coming home and can get back to normal but on the other we don't know what we can do to prevent it happening again if we don't know the cause."

She grumbled, "I hate it."

"We know, darling," replied Harrison who handed her shoes to her. "But I'm sure it'll get better."

"And if it doesn't?"

"Don't think like that!" Harry exclaimed, "you'll be fine, Esme. Just you wait."

Essie nodded her head and stood up, holding onto his hand to gain her balance. Harry pulled her into his side and kissed her head. "Let's get you home." Said her father re-entering the room.

"Please."

* * *

🖤 liked by hazosterfield, nikkihollandphotography and 19,562 others

harryholland64: she's home ❤️
tagged:essiemulligan99

View all comments

ddikea thank god!

caoimheholland yayyyy I hope you feel better sweetie 🥰

dommoholland sending all the love from the rest of us ❤️

paddyholland2004 don't squash her with your fat head

zenslaya ❤️

mimi ew

xxxpeterparkerxxx beautifuls

tuwaine all the love 💖

* * *

Essie laid scrolling through Instagram as Harry slept soundly beside her. She had never felt so happy to be at home and in her own bed with Harry by her side. Everything she had taken for granted suddenly seemed so important. And from this point onwards she could not imagine taking advantage of anything else including the days that would proceed to greet her.