015

KJ and I have been ignoring each other faithful since our big argument. It seems like the two of us have almost been going out of our way to make each other feel bad, we usually would have squashed any beef that we had but I feel like this time around it's going to be awhile before we get back to normal.

"Can the two of you stop being so childish?" Mom asked as KJ, Dad, and I sat at the table in the kitchen eating breakfast that mom had made. The three of us have not sat down together for a meal since before I left to move in with Auntie. If mom was doing this she is desperate to get the two of us speaking.

"I'm not being childish... someone's being a bitch." I shrugged shoveling a fork full of syrup covered pancakes in to my mouth. "I was thinking.... daddy, since KJ already has me doing runs for you why don't you let me in on the family business."

Dad narrowed his eyes giving KJ a disappointed glare, "You got my babygirl out here dropping packages?"

KJ didn't say anything, he slumped down in to his seat almost like he was trying to sink in to himself. "She here ain't she ? her stupid ass is fine."

"If anything had happened to my baby it would of been your ass."

"She's old enough to know what she's doing." Mom chimed in earning a smile from KJ. This is exactly how it was when we were young, KJ threatening me and Dad threatening him while mom stuck up for her son. "But I do believe that you should leave it to the guys."

"I've done it twice already." I stated shooting KJ a look. "It's just picking stuff up and dropping it off is it not?"

There was a moment of silence until both KJ and dad busted out laughing at my naive comment.

"You got to keep motherfuckers in check, make sure nobody is selling in ya area besides ya workers and keep good relations with other people in the same uh... business." KJ didn't look at me as he spoke. "I had you doing the light work with niggas I know couldn't hurt a fly."

I rolled my eyes remembering my first time meeting with Silas and wanting to bring it up but I felt as if even though it's just one person, I already have enough blood on my hands.

Dad scanned mom's face, it seemed that the two of them were able to look at each other and know exactly what the other one was thinking. "Alright, Kimani, KJ has to handle some business for me this morning and you two can go do it together."

"Look what you fucking did." KJ dropped his utensil in a huff of frustration. "Had to open your big ass mouth."

"I actually got plans... I have an errand with Ebony and then a date tonight." I stood up, taking my plate and placing it in the sink. "I would love to though next time daddy."

As I exited the kitchen, I sighed. I just wanted to find some way of getting back at KJ and one thing I knew that would really hurt him is if I could stop his cash flow. If I could of proven to my dad that I was a better more lucrative choice, It would eat him alive.

The more that I thought this plan through, it was messed up to go against my brother like he was just some strange man on the street. My loyalty should always stand with family, that's what dad always said, but he lost that after all the mean and spiteful shit he said to me.

"Hey, ma!" I shouted from the living room, looking at the three sets of car keys. One belonging to my mom, dad, and brother. "Can I use your car?"

"Take the truck... KJ has to get my oil changed." Mom shouted back. "He said stay out of the glove box."

I groaned, taking the set of keys that belong to KJ. His keys were attached to a bunch of dangling keychains but one caught my eye. It was a dangling cursive E studded out in what looked like real diamons.