◇13◇

《Chapter 13》

Chapter 13

Y/N DIDN'T WANT to admit it, but she was slowly but surely losing her sanity after seeing the mother of someone she almost killed. Vivid images of herself slamming the girl's unconscious body on a rock repeatedly crept into her mind, her heartbeat accelerating. There was a only a shred of dignity left within her, and she held onto it for dear life. The one thing that motivated her was being able to see S/N one day.

In an attempt to calm herself, she searched for John in the crowded hallways. She was going to ask him if he wanted to skip class to go on the rooftop and try out the new mobile game Seraphina suggested them.

"Y/N!" A feminine voice called out to her. Recognizing it to be her pink haired friend, she returned it with an enthusiastic, "Hey Remi!"

The said girl was with her close friend Blyke, who stood quietly by her side, not wanting to interrupt their conversation. Y/N was relieved to see a friendly face in the school after all the unfortunate run-ins she had lately.

"You look troubled. What's wrong?" Remi asked with a frown.

"Oh, I'm just looking for John right now. He should be around this hallway."

"Isn't that him over there?" She pointed up ahead where John currently was on the floor picking up a pile of papers. Of course someone decided to trip him.

"Thanks, I'm gonna go help him now. See you later Remi and Blyke!" Y/N waved before speed walking to John.

"Isn't Y/N so cool? She's strong, pretty, and nice," Remi gushed like a fangirl.

"She's okay, I guess.." Blyke said truthfully.

The pair watched as Y/N bent down and picked up some of the fallen papers. She smiled at John, "Here, let me help-"

"GET AWAY FROM ME YOU BITCH!" Y/N's face flew sideways as the sound of the harsh slap echoed through the halls. Everything and everyone around them became silent. The H/C female herself felt an aching in her chest. What she couldn't feel in physical pain was made up in emotional pain. Did he...just..slap me?

"He just slapped Y/N, his own friend!"

"Cripples really are stupid."

"That loser deserves it. She fractured my foot a few weeks ago. Bitch."

Like a dear caught in headlights, John retracted his hand and stumbled over his words. It was like he had just realized who was in front of him. "Y-Y/N? Shit, I'm sorry- I, uh, thought you were-"

"Sorry for bothering you," She murmured before standing up and walking away.

"Wait Y/N-!!"

It was too late. She had already disappeared into the crowd, leaving John regretful and disappointed in himself.