30.

Over the next few weeks, the incident in the meeting room was now long forgotten and everyone had moved past it, including Mia.

She had later found that Sebastian had ended all relations that the company had with Paul Stein's and he also, personally brought up a case against him, with his lawyers acting like blood-thirsty sharks as they went after him.

He hadn't troubled her about it and didn't even bring up her name in the lawsuit, however when Mia found out, she spoke to Sebastian and brought up charges against him too. She refused to just let him off like that, especially if there was even the slightest chance that he could do this to someone else.

Mia felt lucky that Sebastian was so adamant to ruin him on her behalf, and she had him on her side, but not everyone had that. She felt it was her duty to do something and so she did.

It was a weird one. She never thought she would ever count herself fortunate to have Sebastian has her boss, and yet now she actually felt pleased about it.

One benefit of the incident, was that the working-relationship between Sebastian and Mia had become a more friendly one since then.

If he ever needed her to work late, he'd mention it earlier on and even took the initiative to order takeout for the both of them on those days, so they wouldn't starve. The two also went out for more lunches together, with Sebastian showing Mia more of his favourite places to eat, which were little hidden gems in the city.

Sebastian was still in two minds about Mia. He wasn't sure of his own feelings towards her but one thing he was sure of, was that he wouldn't be happy to see her with anyone else either. It was probably selfish of him, but he found he couldn't help it.

It probably wasn't great that he was still with Anna, despite not feeling anything for her like he did when he was with Mia.

The way Sebastian felt about Mia was completely different. With Anna, it was like he was making himself enjoy the relationship whereas with Mia, everything felt natural and like things were just falling into place.

Mia had to occasionally endure Anna's presence in the office, much to her chagrin.

Anna would never fail to make it known that Sebastian was hers, and this confused Mia completely, since she had never stated or made it seem like she had a claim over him. So why Anna constantly felt like she had to say something, was baffling to Mia.

However, she put up with it anyway, hoping that at some point her suffering like this would turn into some good luck for her in the future.

***

Today was incredibly exciting for Mia. It was the day that Aaron and Melissa were coming for a visit and she was ecstatic.

As she waited at the station with a big welcome sign, Mia stood there and tried to look out for her brother's tall figure - apparently she was the one who missed out on the good height gene.

Soon enough, Mia spotted him and she shouted loud, not caring for the people around her.

"Aaron!" She yelled and immediately Aaron's eyes snapped in her direction.

"Mia!" He yelled back with equal glee.

Mia ran to her brother and laughed herself at him, who immediately caught her in his arms and lifted her off the ground and hugged her tight. She wrapped her arms around him and hugged him back, equally as tight.

"I've missed you," Mia mumbled into his shoulder.

Aaron just chuckled. "Missed you too, monkey."