- 20 -

CHAPTER 20

"I'm too sick of stayin up, losing sleep who gives a fu-"

"Y/n, turn that off!"

You groaned and turned the music off as you fell onto your bed. You heard your bedroom door open and looked up to your mom.

"Are you okay?" She asked you. You looked at her silently and nodded. She gave you a look and you shook you head. "No."

She walked into your room and sat next to you. You sat up and leaned you head on her shoulder.

"Talk about it?" She asked. You lifted your head from her shoulder and looked at her.

"You know how I went on that date with Adrien?" You started.

Your mother nodded.

"Well, I felt like something was wrong the whole entire time. Like, something was bothering me. I didn't realize till after the date, that I have feelings for someone else. So I've been avoiding Adrien because I shouldn't lead him on! But It's becoming impossible since we have so many classes together and he sees me wherever he goes!" You vented to your mother as she listened quietly.

She took your hand and gave it a gentle squeeze. Give it a few days, sweetie. Love isn't a game, Y/n. You should treat it like the most fragile thing. Sometimes, when things break, the pieces are big enough to fix. But unfortunately sometimes things don't break, they shatter. So tread carefully. Okay? And maybe try talking to Adrien upfront?" Your mom told you. You smiled at her and nodded.

"I love you mom, thank you." You hugged your mother. She placed her hands on your back and laughed.

"I love you too, baby."

✰ ✰ ✰

You took friday off of school and spent the day with your mother as she had the day off and you just missed when you were closer than ever.

You went to get your nails done, shopping with your mother was always fun, and you decided to go home and watch Netflix with snacks.

When you arrived home, you prepared popcorn for yourself and your mother. In the living room, sat your mother as she picked a movie.

You heard a loud knock at the door. "I got it!" You heard your mother day as she walked towards the door. You watched from afar as she opened it.

"Adrien, can we help you?" You heard your mother say. You ran towards the door and hid behind it. You mom looked at you discreetly.

"Can I talk to Y/n?" He asked.

You shook you hand under your chin and mouthed the word, 'no.'

Your mother sighed and looked at Adrien.

"I'm sorry, darling. She's not feeling well. She's asleep right now." Your mother lied to Adrien. You heard Adrien sigh in disappointment.

"Do you want me to give her a message for you?" Your mother asked.

"Yeah, can you tell her that I miss her? She hasn't been texting me lately and I wanted to make sure she was okay." He said. You looked down.

Guilt washed over you and you ran upstairs, crashed on your bed and buried yourself in your bed as you went deeper and deeper into thought.

You heard the front door close and the footsteps of your mother came closer as you took constant deep breaths.

Your door opened, then closed and you felt a weight on the edge of your bed. You turned your head at your mother, who gave you a sad smile.

"Are you okay?" She stroked your hair lightly as you played with your fingers. You cleared your throat.

"If I'm honest, no." You said.

"He's just confused, Y/n. You should talk to him, before you regret it." Your mother spoke wisely.

You nodded as you turned to looked away.

"Alright. I'll talk to him."

WATTPAD HAS DARK MODE AND IM SO HAPPY ABT IT FUCK YES