027 || adoption

•••

•••

"Are you gonna do it or am I?"
"It was your idea"
"Yeah but don't tell them that"
"Why not?"
"The punk can't think I'm going soft"
"Oh for gods sake Clint, they'll be happy. I hope" I sighed, patting his shoulder as we waited for the security door to open.
"Mummy?"
"Yes Lila?"
"Are we going to see Auntie Nat?"
"Yes we are"
"Yay!" Nathanael giggled, his small hands waving around. He was (unstably) walking now, coming up to a year old.
"Will the others be there?" Cooper asked, his head tilting slightly.
"The twins definitely are, im not so sure about Steve and Sam. I think Tony should be there too"
I was interrupted by the doors opening, scooping Nathanael on to my hip as we walked towards the compound, Clint taking the Lila and Cooper's hands in his.
"Don't stress it old man, it's gonna be fine" I teased, as we entered the compound.
"NAT" Lila screeched, letting go of Clint's hand and diving on to the back of the assassin.
"Hey printsessa. What are you guys doing here?"
"We came to visit our favourite people obviously" I grinned.
"You haven't visited in a while" Clint said, pulling Nat into a hug, "you can't escape us"
Nat scoffed, rolling her eyes at us.
"We're getting new siblings today" Cooper said excitedly, pulling at Nat's arm.
"Woah - you're actually doing it?"
"Yeah it took me a while to get the paperwork done but Clint insisted" I shrugged, a fond smile on my face as I looked at my husband.
We were interrupted by the twins barrelling through the door.
"The Bartons!" Wanda cheered, pulling the three kids into a hug.
"It's been a while" Pietro smiled, accepting my hug.
"Yeah well you've been busy with Avenging stuff" I replied, ruffling his hair. He groaned jokingly, pushing my hand away.

•••

"So what's the occasion?" Wanda asked as Clint and I sat down, the kids playing with Nat.
"Well we had something we wanted to ask you"
"Oh?"
"Clint are you going to-?"
Without saying anything, he handed the papers to Wanda, Pietro looking over her shoulder as they both read it.
"What?" Pietro gasped, looking up at us, "are you serious?"
"Now - I know this may seem weird but we felt -"
I was cut off by a sob from Wanda. I exchanged a nervous look with Clint, wondering if we had overstepped.
"I'm sorry" Clint murmured, "This was a bad idea. We didn't want to upset you-"
He was interrupted by Wanda, who had thrown herself at him, crying on his shoulder.
"Is this a yes?" He asked, a weak humorous tone in his voice.
"Yes! This is - I don't - thank you!" Pietro stammered, walking over to give me another hug.
"Oh thank god" I laughed, my eyes tearing up as I returned the hug, "we thought we had upset you then"

"Did they say yes?" Cooper asked, bouncing up and down on the balls of his feet excitedly.
"We did" Pietro grinned, "I guess we're brothers now"
"This is so cool!" Lila squealed, "Now I can tell Liv that I have a brother that is older than hers! And Jacob's sister is only 16 - mine is 19!"
Wanda chuckled, wiping her tears as she nodded at Lila, Natasha holding Nathanael on her hip as she watched the scene with a soft smile.
"Welcome to the Barton family you two" Nat smiled, Nathanael clapping happily next to her, "it gets crazy very quickly here"