62. why don't you speak it out loud

IM SO SORRY GUYS!!! This is so random but I've been doing charity work abroad but here's your new chapter!!

———————————————————

Kat's eyes opened at the feel of someone's touch. She notices pieces of her hair being moved out of her face and realised that Matty was running his fingers through hair softly. She didn't move, just let him continue.

A soft kiss let her know that he knew she was awake so she rolled towards him and saw him smiling at her. His hair was a curly mess, his eyes half open as his lips were sealed into a smile. Kat wanted to stay in this moment forever.

She lifted her hand from under the covers and held his face in her hand, he bit his lip as she squeezed his face together. He pulled her closer and planted a kiss on her nose, she let out a small giggle and wrapped her leg around his.

"I love how you look when you wake up in the morning." He mumbled against her hair as he let out a sigh. She didn't reply, just ran her hand along his torso and then down to his hip. He let out a small hmmf. "Hey Kat." He sighed, she looked up and her hand rested on his hip.

"Yes?" She raised her eyebrows and kissed his jawline.

"I'm going to the city of love today." He started, she smirked.

"Who you taking?" She wondered, he pushed himself up on the side so he was hovering over her slightly.

"I was thinking..." he smirked but before he could finish, Kat's phone started ringing. She watched Matty's face shift and his body roll off her. It was an unknown number, she pressed accept and sat up.

"Hello?" She asked into the phone.

"Is this Katherine Peterson?" (AN: guys idk if I gave Kat a second name I can't remember, if I did and you remember can you let me know pls. Sorry, it's been a while as I said.)

"Yes, it is." She replied. She watched Matty tie up his hair using her hairband while he patiently waited for her to finish her conversation.

"This is Robert Long from EMI records. We were wondering if you were available for an interview at our London base on Monday?" He said casually as if this wasn't coming out of no where. Kat looked at Matty who wasn't paying attention and stood up.

"Sorry, I need better reception. Let me just move outside." She said politely, stepping out on to the balcony with a robe now wrapped around her. Now Matty noticed. He looked at her inquisitively but she paid no attention to it. "Can I just ask what this is regarding? This is seemingly coming out of no where for me." She pointed out to Robert.

"We received an e-mail enlisting songs from a band called the 1975 that you have written. We are quite impressed and are always looking for new songwriters for our signed artists." He explained. Kat's eyes widened and she turned around but Matty had disappeared, presumably to the bathroom.

"Oh, right yes, my songs." She mumbled, having no idea what he was talking about. "This is such a big opportunity." She said quietly, realising who she was on the phone to.

"Yes, it seems so. If the interview goes well that is" Robert replied. Kat forgot she was on the phone and was shocked by his reply.

"Sorry, one more thing. What e-mail sent that e-mail?" She wondered.

"Someone called, Angela." He spoke as he was reading it from a screen. Angie? Angie had sent in songs? Had the boys even recorded any of her songs? She was beyond confused.
"So, Monday?" He asked again.

"Monday, yes, okay. I'm in Spain right now but I will be there." Considering it was a Thursday, she didn't see it as an issue. Robert laughed.

"Okay, looking forward to meeting you." He said before hanging up.