Chapter sixteen-Kyle and Marcus

I knocked on my brothers door; it had been a while after school and I wanted to tell him about Blair and I. There wasn't an answer so I opened the door. Inside it revealed something I never wished to see, Kyle and Marcus making out on his bed. It isn't like I mind him making out with guys it's just seeing my little brother kissing someone. It's just weird. They separated and looked at me with frightened expressions.

"I-I'm so sorry," I stuttered already closing the door.

"Addison wait!" Marcus called out opening the door while fixing his shirt "Hey I'm sorry I didn't warn you or tell you really what has been happening it's all happened so fast."

"It's fine carry on as you were I'm going to go to Tess's house," I replied unsure of what to do.

"No stay I'd like you to get to know him anyway," Marcus responded dragging me back into his room. Kyle was sat awkwardly on the edge of his bed looking sheepish and dishevelled.

"Kyle this is my sister Addison. Addison this is my boyfriend Kyle," Marcus said a big grin spread across his face.

"Boyfriend?" I repeated smiling.

"Umm yeah as of today," Kyle said speaking for the first time today.

We all went downstairs and had some snacks while watching television getting to know each other more. It was slightly weird knowing that I was the one his ex girlfriend is dating when he didn't know but I had to be polite because he likes my brother and my brother likes him. I'm planning on telling Marcus about Blair and I when Kyle has left.

***

I found out that my brother and Kyle had been on two dates but the first one was more causal because it was kind of a date but Marcus didn't know Kyle is Pan, then they went on a proper date where they had their first kiss. I'm happy for them but kind of mad my own little brother withheld this information from me when I tell him pretty much everything. More time passed of speaking and laughing but then Marcus looked at his phone and realized the time.

"Hey Kyle you should go my mum and dad are going to be home soon and I have no idea how they would react if they knew I brought a boy home," Marcus said looking disappointed.

"Okay," Kyle responded getting up from the sofa. Marcus followed suit and got up as well.

Kyle quickly pulled him in for a short kiss then they said their goodbyes and he left.

Marcus shut the door behind Kyle and I said to him "I like him."

"Good. So what's going on with you and Blair?" He asked quickly.

"What?" I replied slowly.

"Come on like I didn't know the only reason you barged in my room was to talk about Blair," he stated with a smug smile.

"I don't know what you mean and by the way I didn't 'Barge in' I simply opened the door and saw you and your boyfriend making out," I protested

"But really what's going on?" he asked interested in the gossip.

"Well as you know Blair and Kyle are no longer a couple," I stated.

"Wait! What? Really?" He said sarcastically rolling his eyes and putting his hands by his mouth in a fake shocked expression.

"Well anyway Blair asked me to be her Girlfriend," I exclaimed excitedly.

"Wow that's great," he said smiling.

I could hear the sound of a key twisting in a lock and new straight away that my parent's are home. Dad got of work early today so I knew him and mum would be shopping for both food and the baby. It was already nearly time for the gender reveal scan which I can't wait to find out. My brother and I have bet £10 for what the gender will be. I think it will be a girl and my brother thinks it will be a boy. To be honest I don't really mind what the gender is I just want to be right against my brother.

"Hey," my mum said smiling slightly while coming through the door with a few bags in her hands and hanging of her arms.

"Hi," I walked up to her and helped her with a few bags. We took the bags that needed to go into the kitchen there and the rest Marcus took upstairs.

***

After a while it was family dinner time. I normally don't like family dinners but this time I'm dreading it. The pit of my stomach is twisting and turning with worry. I don't know what it is but I feel like something is going to happen.

Slowly I make my way downstairs and into the dinning room, my brother Marcus is already sat down at the table on the side we usually sit, we do this so we don't have to sit directly next to mum or dad.

Once the food is served and everyone sat down we started to eat with a little bit of conversation.

"So Addison," I looked up to my mum who's speaking across from me "Do you have a boyfriend yet?"

I still hadn't come out to them and didn't feel ready yet, my throat feels like it is closing up and I can't speak. Marcus must have seen the panic on my face by the question that was asked.

"No she doesn't," he said carefully then added "But I do," the last bit was said in more of a jokey way but still just came out a little more than a whisper.

"Son it isn't funny to joke about that stuff," Dad replied sternly his hands gripping to the table.

"I'm not joking," he said shyly his voice coming out strained.

"Your fathers right you don't joke about something like being gay," mum added a slight look of disgust on her face.

"I'm not saying I'm gay, I already told you guys that I'm bisexual," he retorted.

"That's rubbish bisexual people don't exist your one or the other," Dad said raising his voice in frustration.

"Well considering I don't exist I'm going to leave this table," he said angrily and got up and left.

I felt frozen at the table as my mum and dad continued to discuss how he's just 'confused' or a 'phase'. That was the bit that annoyed me the most.

"You say he's confused but you know nothing about it!" I shouted.

"Hey sweetie why are you so worked up," my mum replied calmly as if nothing had just happened.

"Why wouldn't I be! Just because you don't understand someone's sexuality you say it's 'not real'," I replied then left the table with my parents looking shocked at my outburst.

***

I walked upstairs and entered my brothers room where his door was ajar. He is sat on his bed scrolling through his phone with a few tears down his face.

"Hey," I said shuffling my feet from the doorway "Can I come in."

"Okay only because I know you would anyway," he replied with a small sigh.

"Are you texting Kyle," I asked with a playful grin.

"Maybe," he replied shyly with a slight smile.

I sat down on the bed next to him and we had a long talk about everything that has been happening recently. Some part of me is hoping that when I come out they'll understand the LGBTQ+ community more. But for now I'm fine being in the closet although it is tempting to run up to them with a rainbow flag and shout 'I'm a Lesbian!' even though I would never do that idea I have thought about some different ones. There's never a perfect time to come out but ever since Blair and I have been seeing each other I've been thinking about it more and more.

-----

Thank you so much if you have enjoyed reading this chapter.

:)