Chapter 2

After  I sat at the window for I don't know how long drawing I heard a knock on the door. I got up and walked across the room to the door and opened it. There was a girl in a maid uniform standing there.

"Miss it's time for dinner. Oh! And these are for you to sleep in since you won't have your things till tomorrow." She said softly and handed me the clothes looked like black and white t-shirt and sweatpants.(picture at the top)

"Thank you." I replied.

"Your welcome Miss." she said then started to walk.

I followed her downstairs to the dining room. It was large with a big rectangle dark wood dining table and matching chairs. There had to be at least enough seats for 20 or more people. There was a large chandelier hanging above the middle of the table. I was so distracted by the beautiful room I didn't even notice he was sitting at the end of the table. He's looking straight at me I avert my eyes to the floor and sit a seat away from him. That's a safe distance, right? I think so, oh well. He didn't say anything. So I took it upon myself to start a conversation or at least try to.

"Um... mr... uh. sorry what's your name?" I stammered a little.

With an unamused look on his face he replied "Xavier."

"Xavier I wanted to ask you a question." I stated "um... well... I was wondering if maybe I could... uh."

"Are you going to get to the point or keep stuttering around." He said coldly.

"I wanted to know if I can go into the garden one day." I said. I'm tired of trying to be nice when he is so rude to me.

"No." He replied.
"What? Why?"
"Because I said no. It's for your own safety."

"I don't understand what's so dangerous about going into a garden. What am I even hiding from." I said louder this time. "Why won't anybody tell me what the hell is going on. I've lived a normal life for 19 years and all of the sudden I'm in danger. It doesn't make any sense!" I was practically yelling at this point.

He stood up from his seat in an instant. "This is my house and you will do as I say. Your lucky I even agreed to help protect you. If it wasn't for the fact winter saved my life once long ago I would have never agreed to it! I don't want you here anymore than you want to be here and I most certainly have much better things to do than this!" He yelled

That last part hurt even though I'm not sure why I mean I only just met the man. He walked out of the room passing one of the cooks on the way.

He turned and said "bring me a plate to my office." With that he left and walked to his office. I heard the door slam I jumped a little at how loud the sound was. A moment later a cook came out with two plates of food. She sat one in front of me. It had fried chicken, mashed potatoes, corn, and a roll. My favorite meal, weird. I looked up as she walked out with the other plate she held it high so I couldn't really see it but there wasn't any food sticking up to see. I guess he wasn't very hungry. But I am so I grabbed my fork and dug in. I finished all my food. Ugh, geez I'm stuffed now. I think I ate too much I can't move.

After a few minutes I started to walk upstairs and to my room. I heard a noise come from Xavier's office I stopped for a moment to see what it was.  Silence was all that followed so I went on to my room. I got the clothes the maid gave me and went to the bathroom which by the way was almost half as big as the room. I showered, brushed my teeth, and braided my hair. When I walked back into the room I grabbed my phone to check the time. 10:49pm so I went on to bed. Darkness soon followed and I fell asleep.