― 14. baba yaga

"KATIE STAND right there

                           "KATIE STAND right there. Over a bit this way.." John said bashfully, moving Kaitlyn in front of the pier to the left and then to the right. He frowned, taking a step back trying to see if he liked where she was standing. God she looked beautiful against the stunning backdrop of the water. John's favorite past time may or may not be admiring the woman he loves.

   "Joohnnn what are you doing?"  she groaned aloud a blushing mess; feeling flustered by his attention.

   "The sunset looks good here, I want to get a picture of you in front of it." he said with a light blush forming on his cheeks as well.

   "You're too cute stop!" she laughed playfully pushing his phone down. John was the most sentimental person she'd ever met, which was rather surprising given how hard of a person he seems to be. He loved taking pictures of her; and especially having physical ones so he could put them in his wallet or in frames. The praise he always sent her way, how much he seemed to worship her, and treat her like the only woman in the world- it was the best feeling. And it was adorable how soft of a man he is, the cute smiles and she could always tell when he was a bumbling mess of emotions.

   "No no honey, right there." he took a few steps back and then did his best to position his phone, "okay I think I got it.."

   "You're so bad with that I swear." Kaitlyn was grinning ear to ear as she reached out and took the iPhone from him, "aww these actually look good! You're basically a pro now."

   John wrapped his arms around her as they looked over the pier and at the ocean. They were in Southern California near La Jolla, watching the sun set and the waves crash onto the beach. It was a beautiful summer night with hardly a cloud in the sky, and the stars already beginning to glitter amongst the purple and pink hues. There were no views quite like this in New York.

   They were enjoying their time together here. In a way it was just another one of their summer getaways to whatever place they wanted; but to them it was so much more. Anywhere together was magical. Kaitlyn was always happy with him and John the same. Having her and the ability to live this normal life- it's all he could ask for. Moments like these; watching her smile, wind blow her hair, her soft squeaks of enjoyment.. it makes his entire world go round.

   "Look how beautiful it is," she sighed laying her head against his chest taking everything in, "thank you for bringing me."

   "I wanted you to have a good vacation before the new season started." John looked down at her lovingly with a smile, placing a kiss to the top of her head. The Orchestra's season's could be long and brutal, but their month and a half long summer breaks were worth it. He wanted every memory they shared and time together to be special because he had lots of lost time to make up for of doing normal couple things.

   "Any time with you is good John you know it doesn't matter where we are," she craned her neck so she could look up at him. Her arms clung around his strong torso as if he were to blow away in the soft bouts of wind, "I love you,"