I listen for the whisper of breath in your lungs(and hope it doesn't stop)

Endgame spoilers:

Do I really need to keep saying that?

Anywho.

Be warned.

Peter is Tony's adopted son.

The pain is everywhere, pulsing in his body, flaring through his blood.

His eyes are glassy, and staring blankly.

He can barely hear the kid- his kid, sobbing brokenly.

"It's me, dad, it's Peter."

As if I could forget you.

"You won, dad."

I wouldn't let you go that easily.

"You did it, dad, you did it-" then Peter's control crumpled, and he fell forward, sobbing openly into Tony's chest.

I want to hold you.

"Please, dad. Please."

Make you feel safe.

"Don't go-"

I'm sorry, Peter.

"Tony?"

He had no idea how he got there, but he was suddenly standing on a rippling surface, with two women in front of him.

One of them was green skinned, and she looked terrifying, the kind of terrifying that Pepper was when she got mad, the cross me and you'll regret it.

And the other-

"Hey Tony." Whispered Natasha Romanoff.

He pulled her into a hug, resting his cheek on her hair. "Nat, I-"

And she cut him off. "If you try to apologize, I will let Gamora strangle you."

A flash of memory shot through his mind.

"Where is Gamora?"

"I'll do you one better, who is Gamora?"

"I'll do you one better. Why is Gamora."

"Okay, got it. No apologies."

---------------

Peter met Morgan only once before the funeral.

Pepper had to go to a meeting, and had no other options, so she asked him to babysit.

He agreed, and that was how he found himself sitting across from an angry, silent child as she very obviously pretended to ignore him.

"Are you okay, Morgan?"

His soft question was met by a fierce glare. "I don't like you."

Peter blinked. "I'm sorry. Did I do something?"

Her hand twisted around her crayons. "My daddy died because of you."

Peter froze. "What?"

"My daddy died because of you," she repeated. "We were happy. He was my daddy, and he loved mommy and me, and now he's gone. Mommy said you're my brother, but you're not. You killed him."

Peter shook his head feverishly. "No, I didn't- Morgan, I-"

"He was happy." Her voice had gone cold, seeming at once too old for her years. "He was happy until he saw the picture. I saw him looking at it, and then he left, and he didn't come back. It's your fault."