Chapter 9

Here we go, folks!
Sorry for the late update

Savannah woke up to find that she was placed in the passenger seat and the car was speeding fast. The hobo man even had gotten a bag of snack, popping the content to his mouth while he fed the cat as well.

Savannah was offered the bag of snack by Mr. Hernandez, saying that they couldn't stop by a restaurant due not wanting to be late. Savannah accepted it, nodding.

Mr. Hernandez had walked by himself this morning to buy a fuel from nearby villange. Savannah was sleeping, so was the hobo man. He didn't want to wake up them. He had gotten them a few snacks as well to fill their empty stomatch.

He also thought that Savannah would be safe with him. Not that he trusted him. He just felt that he wouldn't dare to try anything.

As for the cat, let's just say he tried to get rid of it after he had gotten the fuel. The little thing was meowing loudly, clawing at his suit that it woke up the hobo man. He instantly clutched the cat protectively in his arms, staring at Mr. Hernandez disapprovingly.

Mr. Hernandez just rolled his eyes, grumbling about his torn sleeve, which was still lucky that the claw didn't scratch any part of his skin.

Savannah rubbed the cat as it had jumped into her arms, meowing quite loudly with deafening sound. It suddenly hissed at Mr. Hernandez, clawing at the back of his seat making him surprised.

They almost hit a tree.

Mr. Hernandez glared viciously at the little animal. Grumbling, he started the car again. "Keep that little demon on leash."

Savannah sighed in relief that they didn't get into an accident. The hobo man was in shock, he looked so horrified that he forgot to chew the content in his mouth, it had going down his throat.

The hobo man was coughing now, catching Savannah's attention who instantly patted his shoulder to get the food down. Mr. Hernandez scoffed at the sight. Then, it reminded him of something.

Without looking at them, Mr. Hernandez began saying, "We are going to return this man to where he had came from."

The hobo man was panicking, shaking his head furiously at the idea. Savannah raised her eyebrow at Mr. Hernandez. Then, she flickered her eyes at the said man.

Noticing that he was in distress, Savannah rubbed his shoulder, this time to reassure him. She put her finger to her mouth, motioning him to keep silent.

She smiled reassuringly, then whispered something in his ears that instantly calmed him down for a bit. Savannah turned towards Mr. Hernandez with a bit of narrowed eyes.

"Do you know where he had came from, Mr. Hernandez?" Savananh was raising her eyebrow right now.

Mr. Hernandez scoffed, "Probably the restaurant."

"Are you sure?" Savannah pressed.

"Yes." Was his short reply. It felt like he had something up his butt that he acted like a jerk for this whole morning.

The cat had curled itself on Savannah's lap, sleeping so soundly and comfortably. Savannah kept rubbing the back of its ear while glancing at both men the whole time. The hobo man looked a bit worried.

They arrived at the hotel after a few hours of ride. The cat had immediately jumped to the hobo man's shoulder, still being hostile to Mr. Hernandez who just ignored it.

Savannah was happy that she could finally get out from that sticky clothes. The warm water hitting her skin was so comfortable, it relaxed her muscles. Savannah hummed slightly as she closed her eyes. She was so enjoying this.