𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎.

ray stood impatiently at estee's front door as he pounded at it

ray stood impatiently at estee's front door as he pounded at it. edye's call had him all worried. it was the fact that he always looks at her as his little sister and hearing her that messed up on the phone made his heart hurt. he couldn't feel that way about another family member.

soon zoe appeared in the doorway.
"oh hey ray!"

he pushed passed the girl, trying to find edye in the dark lit room. "where's edye?" the girls were oblivious to ray's discomfort as they continued their partying. he finally found edye, sitting with her back against the bathroom door in the hall. "edye, what the fuck?"

"ray?" edye looked around not sure if she heard his voice or not. everything was a blur to her.

"yo, i'm right here. come on." he grabbed her hands to pull her up to her feet.

edye stumbled, trying to regain her balance. "no, i really wanna stay."

"no edye, please come on."

"fine, i need a drink to go."

ray stared at her in disbelief. this couldn't be the same edye that never drinked in her life. "did y'all just get edye drunk for her to fucking call and text me some bullshit?"

"of course not, she got herself drunk. i mean it's obvious she has a lot on her mind and isn't happy hanging with you guys." teresa explained to him. ray wasn't about to sit there and listen to her when she was drunk herself.

"chill.. what is wrong with you, ray?" she scoffed at him ruining her fun.

"no edye, what is wrong with you?" he took it upon himself that she was never going to leave if he didn't drag her out. so he picked her up with ease. "you're drunk, i'm taking you home."

"what home? we both hate our homes."

"i–
shut up, edye."

。˚༷。˚༷ ♡‧₊˚

ray walked into aramis' house with edye on his back. the whole gang was chilling out here before edye had called him. he didn't want anyone to worry like him so he just told them he was going to the store.

"damn ray, took you long enough." ruben laughed before getting quiet when all the guys noticed a slumped edye.

"wait, is that edye?" fourthgrade questioned, curiously. they hadn't seen edye in a minute since she was ignoring fuckshit.

"yeah and she's really drunk." ray explained, setting her down on the couch. edye was glad she was back with the guys as she stretched herself that her head was in fourthgrade's lap and her legs were on ruben's lap. stevie leaned over the couch watching the guys comfort her. she was getting comfortable but her head was still spinning.

edye was small and she'd never got drunk before meaning she was definitely a lightweight. after the first few drinks would've been enough for her. "uh, edye doesn't get drunk, she gets high. what the hell?" they boys were more than confused about their close friend. how could she pop back up and be intoxicated.

"well i don't know what's wrong with her but something's up. she's not acting like herself." ray shrugged as he was bent down in front of her, taking a cold rag over her face. "guys i think we should give her space."

aramis and fuckshit were coming from down the hall laughing at whatever dumb joke was made. edye, curious to who was making so much noise, saw him and sat up quickly on the couch. of course, the last person she wanted to see while she was like this.

unfortunately, she realized she got up too quick as there was an unusual feeling in her stomach. she knew this wasn't going to end up well.

"you good?" ruben asked the question everyone was wondering.

"um, bathroom?"

"down the hall to the right." aramis told her quickly not wanting her to make a mess on his couch.

edye swiftly made her way past the guys and into the bathroom, slamming the door shut behind her.

"yo, what's up with you? ignoring me and shit? that's not like you." fuckshit walked into the bathroom just as edye flushed the toilet, closing the door behind him. "i know edye. you see some shit, you speak on it. and now you got nothing say and you're avoiding me?"

edye pushed herself away from the toilet so she was leaning against the wall. "look, ion wanna break your heart. i don't wanna date you and then leave. that's not right."

"why are you focusing on something that probably won't even happen?" he asked her, sitting against the wall opposite of her.

"cause it has happened. and i don't want that again." edye winced at the pain in her head. "ow... can we please talk later?"

"yeah we can. ray told me to give you this," fuckshit shrugged, passing her a bottle of water, almost forgetting about the real reason he came in there. "you okay?"

"no." she mumbled, taking the water even though she was tired of drinking things.

"c'mere." fuckshit moved from across of edye to beside her, pulling her into his arms. edye found herself closing her eyes and relaxing in his arms. as cliché as it sounded in her own head, it felt as if her problems were going away by the minute.

so edye did what she did best when she wasn't overwhelmed. she slept. this would be the first time she got a normal amount of sleep lately. she only hoped this feeling would be over when she woke up.