Chapter 11

They were driving in silence. Savannah was frustrated with the situation right now. Her hot-headed boss just didn't want to hear things logically and instantly concluded whatever scenario came up to his mind.

Just like these people nowadays. Savannah unconsiously shook her head in concern, looking at the back of his seat with a disapproving gaze. Did he do that a lot?

Charlie was biting his lip worriedly, afraid that Mr. Hernandez may drop him off somewhere. The cat stayed at his lap, licking her own fur.

Mr. Hernandez was a businessman, and a successful one at that. With this rash personality, she wondered if this did happen a lot. She knew that every work need patience and precision.

He was driving at full speed, making Savannah grew worried but said nothing. He looked angry as he glared at nothing in front of him, seemingly focused on the job to drive.

A few moments later, they pulled up into a familiar area. The restaurant they once visited on their way to the business gathering, Savannah remembered.

It was night time, around the time near midnight, but surprisingly it was still open.

"Get out," Mr. Hernandez commanded with a low voice at the both of them, then without saying another word, he strolled in to the already quite place.

Savannah motioned Charlie to follow her, tentatively bringing the yellow cat in her arms. There was only a few people on the room, and luckily they spread quite far from each other.

Savannah and Charlie awkwardly sat beside each other on the seat across from Mr. Hernandez. She had checked her purse first, in case that she needed to pay for her food and Charlie's using their own money. Mr. Hernandez was still angry. He was a quite unpredictable man.

A waiter approached their table, and his gaze instantly fell to Charlie who was watching the whole thing in nervousness. He looked surprised. "We deeply apologize if he disturb you. I will escort him out this instant--"

"No!" Savannah almost shouted, glaring at the poor waiter boy who looked a bit startled. She said sharply, "He is with me."

The waiter boy gulped, he nodded at that. Savannah was angry, and he didn't want to tick off a furious woman more. They were scary.

So, Mr. Hernandez's guess was right that Charlie came from around that area. She wondered a bit about how he fend off for himself all this time. Did he work somewhere?

Mr. Hernandez was silent, taking his time to inspect the menu. A minute later, he ordered the waiter boy to write down his order as he recite them.

Savannah chose a few dish. Then, giving the menu to Charlie for him to chose. He looked reluctant, but Savannah convinced him to order something. She heard a small scoff and ignored it.

Charlie ordered the same menu as her after that. Savannah smiled a little happy as she recite their order that she didn't notice a slight glare of a certain person was directed at her.

The dinner was awkward. Savannah had tried to act as normal as possible, but she couldn't help not to glance at the emotionless mask Mr. Hernandez wore the whole time. It was as if he was deep in thought.

After around twenty minutes, they finished eating. Surprisingly, Mr. Hernandez still paid for their meals.

No words exchanged between them as they slowly walked towards the car, Mr. Hernandez leading the two with a cat falling asleep on Savannah's arms.

Out of nowhere, he suddenly stopped. Making Savannah almost crashed into him. They were a few meters near the car. Mr. Hernandez turned around and gave them an arrogant look, then he shifted his attention to a particular person. "I had been giving you a place to stay, food, and a ride. I think that's enough."