- 21 -

CHAPTER 21

"Y/n!"

You heard Marinette's familiar voice yell your name, which immediately caught your attention and caused you to turned around.

"What's up?" You asked Marinette as she walked towards you, her textbook in her hand.

"Have you seen Adrien?" She asked you. You met her eyes and shook your head.

"No, sorry." You quickly said, before turning away.

Before you could walk away, you felt her grasp your hand. Disappointment washed over you as you knew what she was about to ask you.

"Are you okay, Y/n?" Marinette asked you. You looked at her, and shook your head. She sadly smiled at you and pulled you in for a hug.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She asked you. You nodded your head. Marinette, who understood clearly, took your hand once more and dragged you to the bench in the school.

You sighed deeply before turning to Marinette while she patiently waited for you.

"I don't think I like Adrien the way he likes me. I don't know if it's just me, maybe i'm overreacting and It's just because I haven't been in a relationship, or maybe it's just that I don't like him. I think I'm falling for someone else."

Marinette's eyes went wide as you let out all your thoughts in the very moment. She cleared her throat.

"Oh my god. Have you told him?" She asked you. You shook your head. Marinette nodded and looked away for a second in thought.

"Okay, Do you want me to talk to him?" She asked.

"No, I don't want him to hear it from someone else." You said. Marinette nodded, understanding.

"Maybe tell your other crush? He can help you with Adrien." Marinette suggested. Before you were about to speak you paused.

Thinking about it, telling Chat about your crush before talking to Adrien did sound like a better option.

"Alright, I'll talk to him." You nodded. The bell sounded off, signaling the start of class. Marinette stood up, and you followed. You pulled her in for a hug and she giggled, hugging you back.

"Thank you."

"Always Y/n! Lets go to class now!" She laughed. The two of you silently walked to class.

✰ ✰ ✰

You patiently waited for Chat Noir in your room. You knew he would come today. You just had a gut feeling.

Part of you hoped he would show up. Meanwhile, a very big part hoped he wouldn't.

Thinking about how this would happen, you gulped nervously.

"Oh my god, oh my god. I'm not prepared for this." You had a small panic as you continued pacing.

"Y/n! Stop pacing! I'm trying to finish The Flash!" You heard your mom yell from downstairs. You felt your heart beat dangerously faster at the thought of Chat Noir rejecting you.

"Oh my god!" You yelled, placing your hands on your hair. "What if he rejects me?" You asked yourself.

"No Y/n. Calm down. You're carefree. You'll be fine. Just...control." You took a deep breath before hearing a knock on your window.

You jumped and squealed.

"Fuck it." You said. You speed walked to the window and opened it.

Chat Noir smiled at you.

"Y/n, I see you're looking as beautiful as usual." He took your hand and kissed it.

"I thought you'd be asleep by now. I just wanted to check in just incase and say hi." Chat Noir jumped through the window and into your room. He walked towards the middle of your room and turned around to face you as you followed him and stopped.

"How was your day?" Chat Noir asked you.

You smiled at him nervously.

"I like you."