Chapter 14

Savannah gathered her things. This been a week after the first day Charlie accompanied her with her work. He was proven to be a good company although they could only communicate through paper and pen.

His throat's condition has increased immensely too. He could already speak a few words. During his stay at the company, Savannah made sure to help him pronounce some words. A bottle of air ready on their table in case Charlie coughed badly.

Savannah bid her farewell to Charlie, who nodded and waved at her. She exited the building, staring at left and right side of the surrounding, then began to walk.

She was so enggrosed in her thoughts that the sudden of a hand clasped her mouth tightly made her gasp in surprise. Savannah struggled to break free from whoever tried to drag her to some place. The person kept dragging her as she kicked, her screams muffled in the palm of the captor's hand.

She was being dragged to some silent place, and it was getting darker due to shadows of the tall buliding. They stopped at a seemingly deserted place, probably

The captor was panting, letting her go as Savannah spun around to face her kidnapper. In no time, her face had turned red in anger, her fists balled to her sides.

Brandon recoiled, looking at Savannah fearfully as if he had just woken up a lioness, and it was ready to pounce and tearing his flesh.

"I-I can explain," Brandon gulped, eyeing Savannah'a fist.

It was raised high, ready to make a dent on Brandon's head, which also just healed from Savannah pysical beating. The swung of her fist was caught by Brandon, who looked as surprised as she was.

Brandon gulped, his posture strengthening into a determined look. He hurriedly used his other hand to snatch a rope and tied Savannah's hands together with it. He definitely didn't want to get beaten again. He also tied Savannah's feet as he forced her to crouch down.

"Let me go, you stupid monkey!" Savannah snapped, glaring viciously at him. Brandon fidgeted as he took a few steps back, fiddling with his fingers. It was clear that he was nervous.

"What the hell do you want?" Savannah still struggled to freed herself, wriggle around. Her eyes filled with with unrestrained anger. "It is not enough that you have hurt Janette? What do you want with me? Get the hell out of our lives!"

Brandon's face turned into one of a guilt. He took a step closer, thrusting his hand forward as if to hint something, but he pulled his hand back. Brandon let out a frustrated sigh, running his hands through his hair.

"Sava--" he was immediately cut off by someone smacking his head hard. Brandon fell into the floor, groaning.

He clutched his head, but his hands immediately being pulled so that he stood up again. That was where the beating began. A hand pulling his hair making his head ache, another hands hitting his skin as he struggled to break free and run.

"For god's sake. S-stop beating me, people!" Brandon finally yelled in frustration. He already had enough of Savannah's and definitely didn't need more beating.

Savannah rolled her eyes, trying to raise her hand in the air ordering them to stop, before realizing that she was tied. Savannah sighed, she said firmly, "You two, stop it."

The two did as she said, Mr. Hernandez letting go of his hold on Brandon and approach her. His place replaced by Charlie, who swiftly took a hold of Brandon so that he wouldn't run.

Mr. Hernandez immediately began to untie the rope around her hand and her feet. Savannah wobbled to stand up, clutching to Mr. Hernandez muscled hand for support.