Chapter 21

I am sorry I didn't reply to all of your supporting comments. I want to say that I am grateful to have supporting and lovely readers like you. I can't thank you enough. But, thank you!

Now, I got back my confidence to write again.

Two weeks had gone so fast. Mr. Hernandez and Savannah also got along so greatly during that time, even they had some meals together with Charlie while bringing Amara and Adrian together. Savannah was also getting used to call him Lucas outside the work already.

The two kids also got along better of course, Savannah often caught them giggling while whispering to each other's ear happily. It was as if they were in their own world. Amara only got a few friends back home, so she had none around her age here. The same goes to Adrian, he only got friends whenever the kids from relatives visited.

It was Sunday, meaning a free day for Saavnnah. Grandma was in a nursing home nearby, volunteering to take care of elders as she loved talking with them. Savannah didn't mind, Janette would be the one dropping her off to the place before she went with her friends. She would pick her up later if Grandma had called.

Some knocking on the door pulled Savannah out of her mind. Sighing, she got up from her comfortable position with Amara leaning to her and walked towards the door. She frowned, but opened it nonetheless.

Savannah almost jumped in surprise as a small body wrapped itself around her feet. Adrian was clinging into her while behind the little boy, Lucas was smiling sheepishly.

"Adrian forced me to take him here," he explained. "Charlie is buying groceries, so he is alone." He pointed at the curly haired boy hugging Savannah's feet comfortably.

"He want to visit you and Amara. That's if you don't mind of course." He hastily added.

"Oh," Savannah gave them a tight smile and nodded, stroking Adrian's hair. "It's alright, Amara is also gpt no friends at home. I am just surprised that you two came here."

"Amara hasn't tell you, eh?" Lucas frowned. "We called through a phone and she was the one picking up."

That must be when she was in the bathroom. Amara could be forgetful sometimes, indeed. "Nah, Amara just can be forgetful sometimes."

Lucas nodded, while Adrian suddenly let go of Savannah's feet to face her, "where's she?"

"Inside the house, just get in." Savannah told the little boy who wasted no time to run in the house.

Lucas almost facepalmed at what his nephew was doing. "Sorry, he could be rude sometimes."

Savannah just chuckled at that. "No, it's nothing. He is just excited to meet her. You want to get some drink?"

"If you don't mind, thank you." Lucas said, and they entered the house together. Amara and Adrian had sat together in a sofa excitedly discuss something that the televison in front of them was forgotten. It seemed like the television was the one watching them, not the other way around.

Savannah shook her head, she entered the kitchen to start making tea for Lucas. Just as she was about to pour the sugar, two pair of little feet came running in.

Amara was fiddling with her fingers as she put her cutest look which looked like a little puppy. "Pancake?"

Adrian pouted slightly, pressing his palm together and put it in front of his chest in almost begging way. "Pretty please, pancake?"

Savannah sighed, how can she resist their cuteness, huh? "Okay, then."

The kids high fived each other, smiling happily. Savannah shook her head at them, and began to stir up the sugar inside the cup of tea. She turned towards the kids, "Where's Lucas?"