Chapter 23

Brandon and Janette had a trip from their school to some museum for a few days. This is resulting in Amara having a bad mood as she didn't have someone to play with at home. Grandma took her time to accompany her of course, though it wasn't enough.

Right now, she was scrunching her face adorably, hands crossed at her chest as she stared at nothing particular in front of her.

Savannah smiled at her, approaching the little girl with a phone at her hand. "Janette  wants to speak to you, Sweetheart."

Amara narrowed her eyes more. Nonetheless, she took the phone from Savannah's hand and began facing the older Easton.

"Hey, cutie." Janette began, smiling at the little girl through the phone screen as she noticed her bad mood. "Are you alright?"

Amara just nodded, pouting more. This made Janette want to make her feel better. "Nah, don't pout like that."

"I will buy you something when we got back." Janette reassure the slightly chubby kid, making her almost brightening at the idea. Amara asked her, "Food?"

Savannah watched the on going conversation with interest as she sipped on her coffe. From where she was sitting beside Amara, she could see Janette nodding at the little girl's request.

"I can buy you some candies or chocolate. How does that sound?" Janette asked.

Amara brightened almost immediately, her eyes looked like as if they were sparkling. "Really?"

Janetted nodded at her, "Of course."

Amara was practically dancing in happiness right now, standing up to her full height, jumping up and down in excitement. The phone was forgotten, landing in the seat beside Savannah.

Savannah sighed as she picked the phone, exchanging some words to Janette for a few minutes before she hung up. Amara was looking up at her with puppy eyes, she could see how her mood had changed drastically, in a better way.

"Bathing Carrick and Carrie?" Amara asked her with a hopeful look. Savannah almost forgot that she needed to bathe the two cats. Amara wasn't allowed to sleep with them as they had just been rolling on the dirty ground.

Savannah nodded, stroking Amara's soft long hair. "Yeah, let's catch them both first, eh?"

Amara agreed, immediately run out of the room to find the two balls of fur. As Savannah had finished preparing for the the bath, she began to look for them only to find that Amara had managed to catch Carrick. That left them for Carrie, which hated water with passion.

Amara brought Carrick with her, hugging him the entire the as they sought for the rather wild cat. It was a hard job, they had looked around the house: in the kitchen, living room, even in the bedrooms. But, still couldn't find her.

Savannah sighed a little. Carrie was so hard to find, they had rummaged almost the entire house, and failed to get her. Then, Savannah noticed that Amara wasn't beside her anymore.

"She is here!" Amara shrieked out loudly, making Savannah hurriedly went into the source of voice in the kitchen. Turn out, Carrie was hiding in one of the kitchen cupboard near the floor, it was opened slightly. Savannah remembered that she didn't check it before.

Carrie began to growl a little, and it only meant one thing: she refused to take a bath. Savannah pursed her lips as she tried to think of a way to make her came out.

She approached the cat slightly, her hands entering the cupboard with a cautious move. She stroke the cat lightly that it began to let out a contented purr. Out of nowhere, Savannah snaked her hands in the chest part and stomatch, dragging the cat out.

Carrie thrashed slightly, meowing loudly in an angry sound, Savannah began to stroke her more to reassure her. The angry sound began to died down, though she still let out some growling.

Savannah stood up, bringing her to the bathroom with Amara and Carrick following behind. Carrick already knew what was going to happen, but he also understood that he couldn't get away from it.

They began to bathe the orange and grey cat. Savannah was washing Carrie whie Amara took her job to take care of Carrick. Carrie tried to run a few times, but failed. The bathroom door was closed, so it was useless.

Amara giggled in happiness as she let Carrick to swim in the water. Suddenly she looked at Savannah and asked. "When Uncle Lucas and Adrian gonna visit us again?"

Savannah was bit surprised. She didn't know how to answer to that. They had gotten closer for sure, even Amara and Lucas also did. Lucas often brought her a lot of snacks and food for her. He sometimes also played with her, joking together and making her laugh.

"Uncle Lucas looked like Papa," Amara suddenly said.

Savannah froze at her words, her body temporarily went still. She was shocked that Amara would say things like that.

The little girl's words hung in the suddenly silent room.

Pretty short chapter, eh?
What I am feeling right now:

If we are from the same country, I guess you'll recognize this creature 😂