Thirty Nine

Taehyung's POV

Taehyung's POV

I had to leave Jae's house early because Mark was about to arrive home.

At the moment, I'm in Namjoon's house, in my bedroom. I stare at the ceiling, contemplating every single thing happening in my life. My daughters, the past, the company...Jae...

I sigh and brush my hair back with my fingers.

Why does nothing ever work out in my life? I mean, I didn't even know I have daughters, the woman I love is getting married to someone I despise, not to mention I could potentially lose her and the girls. If only I could just tell Jae the truth, but I can't.

I need to try and gain her back along with our daughters.

But how?

Suddenly, a flashback of the past replays in my head, causing me to feel emotional. A memory of the first time I realised my feelings for her — before Bomi and before my life became miserable.

FLASHBACK . . .
(SEVEN YEARS AGO)

Falling in love with her was not planned. We were supposed to be friends, just me and her and nothing in between.

I would never forget the way her smile, laughter and kindness gave me a sense that I finally belonged, that I was loved.

I could not divert my gaze from her. Her beauty had me awestruck; my heart was falling for her by the second.

Her princess-like elegance made my heart race.

She's my dream girl.

As soon as her head turned, I quickly looked away. Our eyes almost met.

"Taehyung?" I heard her voice calling me.

I looked up and saw Jae smiling. My heart fluttered at her beautiful smile. "Sorry. I just need my textbook that you borrowed from me. Are you finished with it?"

My heart was beating rapidly in my chest. "O-Oh yeah." I adjusted my glasses and handed the textbook back to her.

She smiled and thanked me then she goes back to revising.

Throughout the entire time in class, I gazed at her so lovingly, the way her fingers turned the pages of her book, the way she took notes down in her beautiful handwriting. The way her facial expressions changed whenever she's thinking of something, or coming up with an idea or paying attention in class. Everything about her is just so perfect.