Culinaria L'amore Chapter Forty-Three

Hey guys! New chapter! New drama! Enjoy and please please VOTE!! -------->

Dedicated to Princess_Slave for pointing out that they didn't wash their hands before cooking... made my day!

<3 Infatuated

********************

Once the lights shut off and the cameraman called 'cut', I slumped on Angela's shoulder, thanking God that we were finally done taping the first round. Although my uniform was pretty and the color was nice, the fabric was heavy and slightly itchy, making me uncomfortable up on stage.

"We did it guys. Only two more rounds to go." Garrett said with a grin, giving everyone another high five, pausing when he reached me, but hesitantly smacking his palm against mine.

"But we only have twenty five minutes left of the break before we have to start again." Alonzo groaned, tucking Angela under his chin and glowering at the clock. "This is torture."

Angela giggled a bit, leaning into his touch so I had to straighten up in order to not fall over, muttering in a seductive voice, "that's plenty of time."

Garrett ignored Alonzo's complaining and Angela's dirty words, and looked over the hugging couple at me as if he wanted to convey something with his dark grey eyes. "Hey Kirsten? Could I talk to you for a second?"

I was surprised, unsure of what he wanted, and self consciously wiped my palms on my apron. "Uh sure."

He led me outside into the less crowded hallway where we could get some privacy, barely touching my forearm as he guided me through the crowds and down a darker path to the makeup room where we had gotten ready this morning. Turning and leaning against the door, making sure no one was around, he bent closer to me and said quietly, "do you think you could just not mention anything to Angela and Alonzo?"

I blinked, confused, before I realized he had to be talking about Mira's fall and possible miscarriage. Nodding quickly, I said, "sure, that's no problem."

Garrett smiled sadly at me, before a dangerous glint came into his steel eyes and he muttered lowly, "don't tell them about this either." And then, leaning down even further, which made me realize how much taller he was than me without my heels, he placed a soft kiss on my cheek, right next to the curve of my lip, barely touching my skin before quickly straightening to his full height.

I felt blood rush to my face as I lifted a shaking hand to touch the slightly heated spot that he had left there with that ghost kiss, unsure of what to do. After all, here I was in a deserted, dark hallway with a badboy chef while I had a boyfriend at home who was thinking that I was being completely faithful to him.

Yeah, I really didn't know what to do.

It was undeniable to say that I was attracted to Garrett, partially because of his easy-on-the-eyes features and because of who he was a person, but at the same time, Harrison and I had just started dating and it seemed like a bitchy thing to do, breaking it off just after it started.

Wait, why did I want to break it off with Harrison? Was it because that I truly liked Garrett or was it because I didn't like Harrison enough to want to stay with him? This whole situation was like a scientific proble. There were too many different variables and changes for me to be able to trace to what the exact reason was for my possible treachery.

Garrett snapped me out of my thoughts when he touched my arm gently and said guiltily, "I'm sorry. I don't want you to feel bad. That was my fault. After all, you have a boyfriend and all." He then laughed a little dryly before stepping back and heading back down the hallway, turning to look at me for one second and saying, "If you know what's best for you Kirsten, I suggest you stay away from me. I'll only ruin everything. Like I usually do."