XX | In and Out of Filming

The next day, when Madam Mary was about to leave her room to make breakfast, she bumped into Alexander, who was walking down from upstairs.

She was momentarily stunned, wondering what time had had come back yesterday. After a short pause, she politely greeted him, "Good morning, Mr. Smith."

Alexander nodded wordlessly before heading out the door. He changed his shoes and just when he was about to leave the house he instructed her, " Don't tell Mrs. Smith I was back."

Without waiting for Madam Mary to respond, he left.

When Madam Mary snapped out of her daze, Alexander was already in his car preparing to leave.

She stood at the same spot, her mind filled with questions. She shook her head, wondering why would Mr. Smith try to hide his concern for Mrs. Smith?

The next two days, Isabelle stayed in without leaving the house much. They passed peacefully, without Alexander coming back, though according to the news he was in the city.

Once, when Madam Mary was going to the washroom in the middle of the night, she saw Alexander's car. It was parked in the front yard and he was sitting inside. After staying for a very long time, he drove off.

~*~

The second day after returning back to the set, filming resumed as usual, from morning till late at night. It was mainly scenes with Helen, Jake, and Annabelle. Only late at night it was Alexander and Isabelle's turn.

This scene was of their back view and happened at night. The second male main lead hadn't been home for several days and suddenly came back drunk, treating the second female lead as his one true love, kissing and even confessing to her.

Everyone in the industry was aware that up to now, even when the scene was required, Alexander would never really kiss the actress.

Hence, the director informed Isabelle prior to the scene that they wouldn't actually be kissing. Even so, it was still the first time she was filming a kiss scene and was jittery the entire day.

The moment the director shouted for them to prepare, Isabelle entered the set, sitting down on the sofa to watch the television.

When the director shouted start, all the cameras were directed towards her, circling around the small room scene.

Only when the director was satisfied did he signal Alexander.

To get into the mood, Alexander had drunk a little alcohol. Before it could take effect, he staggered into the room at the director's signal.

Hearing footsteps, Isabelle turned towards the door. Once she caught sight of Alexander staggering into the room, preparing to remove his shoes, she immediately went over to help him and supported him to the sofa. Just as she was about to get him some water, Alexander suddenly grabbed her, pushing her onto the sofa.

The filming was flawless till here. The next part was for Alexander to look at Isabelle with a drunken gaze before gradually moving forward to kiss her.

But just when he was about to lower his head to kiss Isabelle, the director shouted "CUT", and continued, "Mr. Smith, your expression isn't good, retake!"

This was the first retake for Isabelle and Alexander after so long, and it was actually because of him.

The filming restarted from the beginning. It wasn't clear if Alexander wasn't in the right mood or some other reason, but whenever he was about to kiss her, something would pop up.

"CUT, Mr. Smith, the angle of the kiss is off."

"CUT, Mr. Smith, you need to see Miss Davis when you kiss her."