33.

The weekend came around fairly quickly and it was the day of Leslie's birthday.

After Harry's visit, Mia had briefly spoken to Sebastian about the surprise party and he confirmed he was going to be there, something that she had guessed but wasn't so enthusiastic about.

It just didn't settle well with her.

His presence was making her feel a certain way and that terrified her.

She hadn't felt this way before and didn't really understand what to do about it. It was like the feeling before an exam, her stomach in knots. Not to mention he was still with Anna and that woman would bring chaos with her, if there was any feeling associated with Sebastian, even feelings of dislike.

Little did Mia know, she was also make Sebastian feel a certain way and it was confusing the hell out of him.

When he was around Mia, his mind was only on her, not even his work. That didn't happen before, not even with Anna. He was at a loss and didn't really know what he was doing, or what this strange feeling was that he felt in his chest. There was also this tug or pull at invisible strings inside him, whenever it concerned her.

The email that Harry had sent Mia, included all details of the party, including the dress code and the address.

Obviously, Nicole, being the self-proclaimed 'fashion expert', couldn't let Mia go to the party without dressing her up a bit.

She made Mia put on a pale-pink dress, with thin straps at the shoulders. It was knee-length, tightened at the waist and chiffon skirt flowing down. Her hair was done in curls, soft make up adorning her face, and this time she kept her glasses on.

Mia had to search for the address beforehand, to know where she was going, since it was completely unknown to her. Taking a taxi there made the most sense, since she was not looking forward to going on public transport in heels.

Her taxi pulled up to a lavish driveway, where many cars were already parked on the side. Mia had assumed that the party would be at a house, a normal house. Not a mansion! The place looked amazing, something straight out of a movie. It could be set for The Great Gatsby.

She was in complete awe of the place, even as she stepped further inside.

Her heels clicked on the marble floor, as Mia took in her surroundings. She should have realised sooner that Sebastian's parents were wealthy, of course they wouldn't have a modest, little house. It made sense that they lived in a place as grand as this.

Mia couldn't really tell if she was in the living room or just a massive hall. There were paintings on the walls, which were undoubtedly costly, along with fancy furniture and decor. However, the place still looked lived in. It was still a home. It wasn't some prissy place where, you were afraid to even sit.

As Mia walk in, she realised the party was clearly underway, with people mingling with one another and enjoying their drinks. She assumed she must have missed the whole surprise part and arrived a little late.

She tilted her head from one side to the other, as she tried to look out for a familiar face. As soon as she spotted one, Mia smiled and began to walk straight to her.

"Mia, sweetheart," Leslie Nelson grinned widely, one much like her husband, as soon as Mia came up to her, with a gift in hand.