Chapter 56

Liana

Seventy two hours, I will always remember the last seventy two hours before this disaster took place. We were so happy, we thought everything was going to be alright.

I heard sirens, screams and shouts and Oliver crying telling me to keep my eyes open, but sleep, sleep was what I wanted and I fell asleep into a dark pit, not knowing when will I wake up next.

Seventy two hours before, life was perfect, Oliver and Grayson looked happiest among all of us. Their families was making effort to make it all work. Justin and Esme was so happy with the progress and I was so proud of Oliver for trying, he is speaking with his parents about the lost times. Oliver was surprised to know his parents was actually contributing to society with their works and Oliver was very interested in that. His parents are currently living in London to help with a project and Oliver asked if he can contribute in the project too. He is kind hearted even though some people might not see this sight of him so often.

Our tour was really well organized and I know where Oliver get his perfectionist habits and skills from, his grandparents and parents are similar to his way of organizing things. Oliver and Grayson was treated like babies by their families, Oliver seem happy with the way his families is getting along. What I have learn so far was Oliver and Grayson was left alone most of the times by their parents since their childhood, their parents take their children's image to sell pictures and that money goes to charity, but Oliver and Grayson did not know that the money is used for charity and always thought his parents was simply making profits out of them. His parents travel around the world to give helping hands, but leave their children behind. They realized that while helping others, they left their own problems behind and it was too late for them to fix, but they wanted to reach out to them, now.

We went places together, shopping together, relaxed, eat and have fun together. It was great, I was grateful and I was happy for Oliver and everyone else around me, until.

Disaster, where an event can either take away or make you feel grateful for what you have. The disaster took place on Wednesday's morning when we were planning to go to the cottage own by Oliver's family. We had to split up and drive ourselves to go to the cottage. I drove one of Justin's car, with Stacy, Mia and Lillian. Lillian and I have bond over baking recipe and I was surprised by how much she knows about baking. She said, she sometime bake to help in charity events. I was really impressed by how kind hearted and how down-to-earth, she is. She told me, she was not seen as a nice woman, as people think she can be snobbish and rude for being honest. Oliver said, his mom have changed quite a lot and he is happy with how the relationship between them is going now.

We were the last car to follow the two cars in front of us, the car was smooth and beautiful. Mia sat beside me and was entertaining everyone with her jokes. Lillian looked happy and even shared some jokes with all of us. She couldn't share much about Oliver and Grayson's childhood, but had ideas about what they were doing.

From neighbourhood to roads, to highways, we were in the deserted roads all because there was not much tourists at this time of the year, that's what Lillian said.

While we were driving and singing, I missed a turn and there was a car behind us.

Lillian leaned forward and said, "Is everything alright?" She asked worried.

"I have to turn back the car. I'm sorry, I was a little distracted." As I pulled the car to the side to allow the other car to move and when it did, I reversed and then turned the car. Grayson called Mia to asked where we were.

"They said they will wait for us."

"We are almost there." I said, "Just tell them, we will meet them in the cottage."

"Are you sure?" Mia asked.

"We should be fine." I said, shrugging and drove back to the turning.

As we were on our way, one black SUV, pulled up in front of the car and I had to apply a sudden brake and then honked at the driver.

"What the heck?" Stacy said.

"Is everyone okay?" I checked to make sure and then scowled at the driver, but my scowled turned to a horror as I see three men in masked stepped out of the car and they were armed.

"There is another car behind us." Lillian said, panicked.

"The doors are locked." I said, "I will try to move the car, so be careful."

I pressed the gas and then turned the wheel to move away from these strangers, when someone shot the tire and the car, went in circle and I panic, trying to bring the car to stop. When it did, it hit the tree and the next thing I know, the air bag was out. Mia was crying beside me and I quickly dialled Oliver's number, but like they said: when you need your connection; you won't be getting any.

One of them came and smacked the glass with the hammer and glasses started flying around.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"We won't harm any of them, we just want you to come with us." The man in one of the mask said.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book, please give this chapter a Vote and share this book with others.