twelve

"The first step to becoming an Animagus, is to cast a corporeal Patronus. This is sixth year material, and to earn some extra points during O.W.L.'s, you need this. Remy, you can join us on this." She sent a smile towards the boy.

"To cast a Patronus, you need to think of your happiest memory, and the incantation is 'Expecto Patronum', The Patronus can be of use to fend off dementors, and send messages. The happier the memory, the more powerful the Patronus is." She explained, walking in between the marauders.

"Alright, now try."

---

"Bloody Hell! This is hard!" Sirius complained.

"I did say it was above O.W.L's level material." She reminded them.

"Why don't you show us first, then." Remus gestured for her to go on.

Lyra simply shrugged and pulled out her wand. She thought back to the time she visited Hogwarts, to observe one of the DA's meetings, and she remembered the fun she had with Harry, Hermione, Ron, Ginny, and the twins. It was an amazing day for her, and to top it off, the evening later, she met up with Oliver Wood for dinner at a restaurant, ending the night with a few dances, which they made up some ridiculous moves.

"Expecto Patronum!" A silvery mystical light shot out of her wand, taking a form of a lioness. It roared loudly, before bouncing towards her and licking her face, before leaping towards the marauders. She circled them all, licking all their faces, before disappearing.

"You do it so effortlessly." Peter pouted.

"Practice makes perfect. Now up, all of you. Let's try this again!" She commanded.

They all got up in command, and pointed their wands upwards, closing their eyes in focus, before chanting,

"Expecto Patronum!"

At the same time, four bright silver light shot out of their wands, and each began taking form of their Patronus.

A stag, a dog, a rat, and guess what? A wolf.

"A wolf, seriously?" Remus groaned out loud.

"I think it's amazing Remy, really. Wolves are beautiful and fascinating creatures." She told him, admiring all their Patronuses.

"This is brilliant! You're all such a quick learner! Oh, this makes things much more easier for me!" She squealed.

-

"We have to keep a mandrake leaf in our mouth for a whole month?" James asked incredulously.

Remus snorted loudly at this, he received three glares from his best mates.

"Yeah, it numbs your taste buds after a while, but it's all worth it in the end." Lyra said, glancing at her best friend softly.

At her last sentence, their faces turned into a determined one, and they all nodded sternly, before grabbing onto one mandrake leaf each, plopping it inside their mouths,

"I have a few spare potions for this. I knew you might be looking forward into being Animagus' " She grinned brightly.

-----

"I think I'm going to puke." Sirius groaned,

A month passed since the marauders first placed a mandrake leaf on their mouths. And it was finally time to throw away the leaves, and they couldn't be happier. It completely ruined their taste buds, just like what Lyra had mentioned, and they lost their appetite to eat, however, Remus and Lyra was still there to make sure they ate a full meal. Regardless of their complaints.