John Shelby - Falling for you

Sometimes,people come into your life and you know right away that they were meant to be there,to serve some sort of purpose,teach you a lesson or help you figure out who you are and who you want to become

Sometimes,people come into your life and you know right away that they were meant to be there,to serve some sort of purpose,teach you a lesson or help you figure out who you are and who you want to become. You never know who these people may be,they could be a family member,a friend or even a random stranger,but when you lock eyes with them,you know that at that very moment that they will affect your life in a profound way.

That is exactly what happened when you locked eyes with John Shelby. It was a normal Wednesday afternoon and you were picking your little brother up from school. You took your eyes away from him for five seconds and when you looked back to your side,he was gone. Your heart sped up and your hand started shaking,your eyes darted around the street frantically looking for the little boy.

Your eyes finally landed upon a little boy,staring up in awe at a bunch of men stood outside of a house.

"James Barnes! Don't ever run off like that again. You had me worried sick" the little 10 year old boy gave you a sorrowful look and a quick hug to apologise.

"Sorry,Y/N. I just wanted to see these guys" you shook your head lightly and placed your hand on top of his head,finally taking notice of the hat that was now sat on his head.

"Hope you don't mind,I gave him the hat" your head flipped up to meet the eyes of a very attractive man.

"John Shelby" he stated and gave you a little nod,tooth pick hanging out of his mouth.

"I know. James here is obsessed with you and your brothers gang" you saw James nod from the corner of your eye and John cracked a little smile. It made you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

"Tell you what,if you stop running off from your beautiful sister over here,when you get a bit older then I'll give you a job" you blushed a little at being called beautiful but opened your mouth to protest "not a dangerous job though" he quickly finished and saw a small smile tug at your lips.

James smiled and flung his arms around John's torso,giving him a quick hug. You could see that John was taken aback but seemed to loosen up and patted your little brothers back.

"C'mon Y/N" James grabbed your hand and started to tug you towards home "Steve is probably waiting for me and I need to tell him the news!" You chuckled and stumbled after your brother,giving John one last smile you turned and tried to race after James.

John watched as you ran and heard your laughter ring out through the streets. He was doomed ever since he saw you from across the street. He would never admit that he sneakily beckoned your brother towards him just so he could get a closer look but as soon as your eyes met his,he knew that somehow you would change his life. For better or for worse. He knew he would see you again because he knew that you were supposed to be in his life.

It sounded silly to him but as soon as he looked into your eyes he started to fall for you. John was never one for "love at first sight" but if it happens then it happens. Sometimes you can't help it but he knew that you would be one of the best things to happen to him. All he had to do now was hope that James would run off from you again.