Peaches & Alleyways

My eyes eventually popped open when the blindfold was removed and I let out a surprised squeak, taking a step back from the human that suddenly occupied my view. Her dark eyes seemed to swirl into oblivion, a nasty snarl gracing her feminine features.

In all honesty she reminded me of mother Gothel, just a lot younger; maybe Haze's or North's age.

I gulped and took a small, tentative step back, hoping she wouldn't kill me since she seemed very capable of that right now.

"Miss Riecher I presume?" She asked in a raspy voice, stale smoke escaping from her thick injected lips.

I blinked at her, "Um...no?"

I mean, she literally grabbed me from my front door! Obviously she knew who I was.

Hatred flashed through her beady eyes as she motioned for one of her accomplices to come forward. A small noise escaped my lips as I was suddenly slammed roughly against the exterior of a large brick building by two burly men.

My face paled as I saw their arms with tattoo sleeves on them and it continued to pale as I realized I was three feet above the ground.

Oh peach mochi, I was going to die.

For the first time ever, I wished I took up the offer on those boxing lessons Jin was willing to teach me. Instead of saying: 'YES OF COURSE!' Like most would, I stared at him for a second and then hijacked the hell outta his vicinity. He scared me to smithereens most of the time.

...oh well.

A quaint laugh tinkled through the dark night making my eyes dart towards the girl in red.

"Tell me Penelope, what do you think I'm going to do to a poor unfortunate soul like you?" She asked as she came up to me, her long manicured fingernail pushing my chin upwards slightly.

Nothing hopefully.

"...something," I said instead in the smallest voice ever, wondering if that was a rhetorical question.

She suddenly slapped my cheek making my head whip to the side by the sheer force of it. I was stunned into complete silence as the pain ensued, "Don't speak until spoken to."

What?! She totally spoke to me though!

"Jeta."

I looked on fearfully as one of the two guys, presumably Jeta, pulled out a sharp looking knife, giving it to the lady in red with a grin on his face.

She took it and held it in front of the next dude. At first I thought she was going to kill him so I squeezed my eyes shut but then I heard the oh so familiar flick of a lighter. My eyes snapped open and I watched as the dude heated the tip of the dagger till it glowed a faint orange.

My heartbeat increased tenfold.

"Thank you, Danté," the lady said flirtatiously while staring at me with a cruel smile.

I struggled against the two men, knowing they wouldn't even budge. "No, please-" my voice came out breathless as I tried to suck some oxygen into my deprived lungs.

The lady's eyes narrowed, "Please what, Penelope Riecher?" She spat my name out like it was the most revolting thing in the world. My hands curled into fists and my lips pursed as I tried to calm myself down.

Goodbye mochies.

"Ow!" I shrieked as she dug her knee into my abdomen. Jeta and Danté held me by the arms to let her through. She put her knee down and lifted my shirt up making me squeak in embarrassment.