Chapter 9

"Liam slow down, you know I can't keep up in theses boots!" We've been walking down the quiet streets of Hampstead for a while now and there isn't a cab in sight. "I know, I know, alright?! Stop your bitching and hang in there. As soon as I find us a cab, we can get a ride to yours!" He says annoyed by my constant whining, whilst still holding my hand and dragging me along like I'm some rag doll. I kept telling him before, that we should just call for a cab, but oh no, god forbid if he listens to me.

Why is it that men think they know best, when clearly common sense doesn't come naturally to them? You know what, fuck this, I'm calling them, he can be stubborn all he wants, but so can I. I dial the number and call the mini-cab service, letting them know where we are and what do you know, they said they'll be here in fifteen minutes. Not bad right? "I can't believe you just did that?" He says glaring at me but I give him a smug look and park my backside on the curb of the road while I wait for the cab THAT I CALLED, to arrive.

"I hate it when you act like a smart ass!" He says but chuckles at the same time while shaking his head from side to side. "I hate it when your being stubborn!" I say in return, giving him a smile. The mood between us has lightened up and I like it this way, seeing him smile  with his dimples showing that I had never noticed before, makes him all the more attractive. He   sits next to me on the curb and starts playing with with my fingers, entwining them together and my heart starts fluttering again. I have to admit that I'm starting to get used to it and it feels more pleasurable now, whereas before, everything was just too intense.

I've never liked a boy before, I've never really been interested nor did I have the time and I never expected to feel this way, certainly not with him of all people. I really like him though and I'd like nothing more than to spend more time with him like this but I know it won't last and you never know if he's being real or not. What I do believe is that deep down he's not all bad, he's just been dealt a rough deal in life and he struggles with it and takes it out on others. Knowing this, I don't think I can do that whole revenge thing anymore, nor do I want to, not after getting to know him better. What he does is still wrong but there has to be a better way to deal with him, maybe if I'm friends with him I could help him change. Is that too naive of me to think that way? I will have to make a couple of phone-calls tomorrow and break the deal. I feel bad after making such big promises but it just doesn't feel right anymore.

I get pulled away from my thoughts when Liam speaks."What are you thinking about?" He asks noticing that my head was elsewhere. "Nothing, nothing at all!"  I smile but really I'm lying through my teeth, I can't even look him straight in the eyes. There is no way I can tell him any of that stuff, I know he would flip out and any chance of friendship would fly right out the window. "Your not cute at all when you lie like that!" Can he really tell I'm lying? Shit Nichole, focus. "What makes you think that?" I ask trying to act natural and carefree.

"When women say it's nothing, it actually means it is something and the man needs to figure it out, otherwise they get all pissy!" I can't help but giggle, I suppose some women can be like that, but not all. I don't think I am like that though, but then again I've never really had a man/boy that isn't family to get pissy at. I need to change the subject, I'm not going to talk about this, but what do I change it to?

"The cab should have been here by now!" I tell him, hoping that this change of subject works. "It's not been fifteen minutes yet and nice try!" He smirks at me. "Honestly it's nothing and I don't really want to talk about!" I say with a small smile and hope he will let this conversation go.

"Is it about what happened at the park?" He questions and the mood has instantly changed. No longer is it playful, but instead it's now serious which undoubtedly will end in disaster. "No!" I say flatly not wanting to have that conversation either. "We need to talk about it!" He says tightening his grip on my hand. He seriously isn't going to let this go so I might as well answer him as honestly as I can. "What do you want to know?" I ask him taking in a deep breath to steady my quivering nerves. "I want you to explain to me why you pushed me away, I know you have feelings for me and I want you to admit it to me and to yourself!" I try to pull my hand away but his grip is too tight and he pulls me closer to him. "Your not running away from this conversation!" He whisper shouts angrily.