Chapter 4: Emperor

"It becomes an Emperor to die standing."

                                                   -Titus Flavius Vespasian

You huffed out angrily, feet swinging off the side of the giant bed you currently sat on. Your right leg was fastened to the wooden canopy that covered the mattress and, as usual, your hands were bound in front of you.

After your "almost escape", Jimin made sure to take extra precautions, making sure that you were sure to stay put and not cause anymore trouble when he left to go and fetch The Emperor.

That was almost three hours ago.

You sat boredly in the room, trying your best not to loose your mind in the deafening silence. When Jimin had said that he was going to get the Emperor, you assumed that he would be back in ten minutes tops, but he was taking forever and you were beginning to lose your patience. 

Usually, you would have enjoyed the peace and quiet that came with being all by yourself, it would give you time to think and regain your composure....but you had begun to grow accustomed to the constant adventure that filled your life.

You had been bitten by an Umbra, threatened by an evil king and almost enslaved to an insane god, all of which had made you question your sanity....but being bored....was far worse.

"Ugh!" You kicked the air in frustration, letting your body fall limply on the bed beneath you.

It probably wouldn't have been as boring if Jimin had actually made the rope around your ankle long enough for you to walk around, but no....it barely gave you enough room to stand up form the bed.

"You seem frustrated about something."

Your ears perked up at Jin's familiar voice, head snapping up in his direction.

The ghost was seated directly beside of you on the bed, hands in his lap as his blue gaze pierced your own.

You almost sighed in relief.

Finally, someone to talk to.

You slowly sat up, turning your body to face him.

"What are you doing here?" You questioned. "Shouldn't you be haunting someone or something?"

Seokjin shrugged his shoulders, eyes landing on the wooden floor beneath him.

"That's boring," He stated. "Besides, I wanted to check up on you...see how you were doing."

You sighed, running a hand through your h/c hair.

"I've been sitting alone in here with no-one to talk to for hours." You complained.

Jin nodded his head wordlessly.

You frowned at his silence...

This must have been what he had to go through before he met you...being alone...without any words from anyone..stuck with only himself and his thoughts trapped in a world that he knew he didn't belong in...

You felt sorry for him.

You had only been alone for two hours and you were already sick of it...You couldn't even imagine how lonely he must have been.

"I'm sorry," You breathed, catching his attention. "I shouldn't be complaining about being here for only a few hours when you...."

Your voice trailed off as your eyes moved to meet his...sympathy and guilt swimming in the blues of your iris'.

The spirit offered you a small smile.

"Do not apologize," He started. "All of that is in the past now.."