Chapter 5

1 week later

I felt someone shaking me. I groaned and turned away from the horrid person that dared disturb my peaceful sleep. Ugh, they won't stop. Can't they take a hint.

"Go away." I mumbled tiredly.
"Come on love, wake up." Xavier said.
"It's too early."
"It's 10:30am."

"That's too early come back in an hour and a half." I said.
"O-kay, I guess I just won't show you my surprise." He said.
I was instantly intrigued, "Surprise?" I asked.

" Yah but you don't want to know so I'll just go now." He said heading towards the door.
I practically jumped out of bed. "No! Wait, I'm up." I said in a rushed voice.
He walked over to me and smiled. "Okay, get dressed and meet me downstairs."

He kissed my forehead and walked out the door. I walked to the bathroom to shower and get ready. I dried my hair and braided it, then got dressed(outfit at the top). I left and headed downstairs, as I descended the stairs I got to thinking about how much Xavier has opened up to me this past week. He told me about how his parents were killed when he was 10 and that was when Winter saved his life. He didn't go into detail but I could tell it was a hard subject for him so I didn't press the subject. He told me about how he was raised by his best friend Stephen's parents and how the only people he trusts is his sister, Stephen and his parents, and Landon. We've come so far in just a week. I can feel it through the bond too, it's like I can feel what he's feeling now.

When I got to the bottom of the stairs I saw Xavier talking with two guys by the door. One was blonde and the other had fiery red hair. When Xavier noticed me he smiled and motioned for me to come over. I went and stood next to him looking up at the other two men as they also smiled at me.

"Stephen & Landon, this is Gidget my mate." Xavier said "Gidget this is Stephen." Pointing to the blonde guy. "And this is Landon." Pointing to the redhead.
"Nice to meet you both." I smiled and waved awkwardly.
Suddenly I was brought into a hug. "Nice to meet you too Gidget." They both said and I couldn't help but laugh as they both hugged me.
I was pulled out of the hug and into Xavier's arms. "She's my mate. Get your own."
They both put their hands up in surrender as they started to was out.
"Bye Gidget." Stephen said.
"See ya Gidget."Landon said.
"Bye guys." I replied.

We walked outside and around the house towards the garden. Xavier put his hands over my eyes as he lead me to his surprise. After a little walking we stopped.

"Ready?" He asked.
I nodded my head.

He removed his hand. We were in the garden by the fountain but now there was a beautiful bench sat in front of it. I stared at it with wide eyes. He did this for me? No ones ever done something so thoughtful for me. My eyes got a little glossy as I turned to him. His smile fell when he saw my face.
"What's the matter? You don't like it?" He asked.
"I can get you different one if you want." He said.

I stood on my tiptoes and kissed him on the lips. When I pulled away I hugged him tightly and said, "I love it."
I looked up at him and he smiled again.
"Why did you look like you were going to cry?"
"It's just no ones ever done something like this for me before." I said quietly and looking down at my feet.

"I noticed how you come out here everyday to this spot. Even though I've told you not to but I thought if you're going to do it, you should at least have a bench to sit on." He said.
"Thank you." I said sincerely.
He raised his hand to my cheek and said, "No need to thank me, I wanted to do it."
"My sister is coming by today and I would like for you to meet her."
"I would love to."
"We'll have dinner with her tonight then." He smiled.
"Sadly I must go work now but I will see you for dinner, Okay?" I nodded and he kissed my lips and headed out of the garden.

I sat on the bench for a little while enjoying the view before deciding to go back inside the house. I went up to my room and sat in the window to draw. I don't know how long it had been but I was getting bored with drawing. Since all of my stuff is here now so are my books I went over and grabbed one. City of Bones, one of my favorites. I decided to but the bench to good use and go to the garden to read. I walked out and went down the stairs. I could hear yelling coming from Xavier's office.

"WHY WON'T YOU LISTEN! HE'S NOT BAD! HE'S MY MATE AND I LOVE HIM!"
That voice sounds familiar.
"I DON'T CARE HE HAS KILLED TO MANY OF HIS OWN KIND AND HE WOULDN'T HESITATE TO KILL YOU TOO!" Xavier roared.
"Just do this on thing for me, please." In a pleading voice.

It's Liza! How does she know Xavier.

"I'm sorry but I can't. He's too dangerous." He said.
"But I'm your sister. I just want this one thing." Liza said.

My eyes wide with surprise. Liza is his sister. She's a vampire she's been lying to me all these years. She's been my best friend for four years. Why would she do that to me. I don't know if I can ever trust her again. Xavier look up at me in surprise. Liza saw him and followed his gaze to me.

"Gidget?" She asked.
"You know my mate?" Xavier asked Liza.
She nodded. He turned to me and asked, "How do you know her?"
"I don't know her, I thought I did, but I don't." I said as a tear streaked my right cheek.

I walked out of the office and ran up the stairs to my room I heard Liza yelling for me but I was already gone. When I reached the door I went in and locked. I sat in the window staring outside trying to think of why everyone seems to lie to me.

~~~

A/N

I would have had the chapter sooner but when I went back to
it all that I had wrote was gone so I had to start all over.
Hope you liked it let me know you thoughts so far.
Did anyone predict that Liza was a vampire too?

~ sadie🖤

1156 words

1156 words